Avnet-San Diego is excited to proudly offer Avnet Android and Linux Day, featuring Freescale with special guest instructor Adeneo on October 10, 2011. We will be presenting Linux and Android on Freescale’s i.MX53 processor with several opportunities for hands-on learning. In addition, we will provide all equipment needed for laboratory sessions as well as breakfast and lunch.
- Introduction to the i.MX53 Quick Start board
- Introducing Linux: bootloader, Kernel, Drivers and Root File System
- Linux Development Tools
- Overview of Linux Graphical Interfaces
- LTIB (Linux Target Image Builder) - Linux made easy
- LAB #1: Building a Linux image for the i.MX53 using LTIB
- DEMO #1: The Out of Box Experience - Ubuntu on the Quick Start Board
Introduction to Android
- LAB #2: Using Android on the i.MX53 Quick Start Board
- Android Architecture
- Android Tools
- LAB #3: Building your first Android app and using the emulator (Hello World)
- The Android BSP from Adeneo
- LAB #4: Connecting to the hardware using ADB
- Overview of the Android build environment
- LAB #5: Deploying and debugging your application on the i.MX53 Quick Start Board
- Introduction to Android native development using the NDK
- LAB #6: Building a C application to run on an Android device using the NDK
- Wrap up and Q&A
Avnet will also raffle an i.MX53 Quick Start Kit with Display! Raffle is only available to actual participants at the event.
Cost to attend this full-day training and hands-on laboratory exercises is only $99.
Seminar attendees will also receive a coupon to purchase the new i.MX53 Quick Start Board for a discounted $99 ($150 value).
Please see attached flyer for addition information, or see webpage at http://em.avnet.com/AndroidLinuxSanDiego.