Error while loading diagnostics algorithm to target system..............

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while loading diagnostics algorithm to target system..............

RekhaS
Contributor I
I am facing a serious problem while loading the code to MC9S12DP256B controller using P&E USBMULTILINKBDM (Version B). Every now and then I get the below message and the code doesn't get loaded. Some days we could some how manage by again and again trying to load the code. But Some times it stops downloading for weeks together. Right now our project is coming to completion phase and this problem is eating our time. We are not able to proceed. We are not sure if it is the problem with P&E or with our design. It should NOT be a problem with our software I guess. Because when once it stops downloading. Even a empty project doesn't get downloaded.  Please if anyone has come across with the similar kind of problem and recovered or anyone knows a solution for this, help me come out of it.
 Below is the Error message that I get

Non Volatile Memory Control

X  Error while loading diagnostics algorithm to target system.
    The chip may be secured, or the derivative selected may be wrong.

Ok

Error message is attached
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

stuart
Contributor I
I have had an identical problem using MC9S12NE64 with CodeWarrior (5.5.1272) and P&E USB Multilink (USB-ML-12 Rev B (PE5013100)). Had worked fine for months and now suddenly I'm getting the same error when trying to erase and load flash :

"Error while loading diagnostics algorithm to target system.
 The chip may be secured, or the derivative selected may be wrong."

I have the correct derivative selected and checked that the flash is unsecured.
I'm doing everything exactly as I have been doing for months. I get the same result in our own board and also on the Freescale DEMO9S12NE54 board.

Reading the P&E micro forums http://www.pemicro.com/support/forums_index.cfm I can see that others have had hardware failures with the USB Multilink unit, so my suspicions fall on that.
0 Kudos

sricker
Contributor I
Has anything new been discovered on this topic?
I just started getting this error while trying to load the serial monitor for the first time. I don't use the serial monitor but a colleague wants to. I downloaded  AN2548 opened the CW project, checked the defaults in S12SerMon2r1.def and everything looks correct. When I try to program the device I get the same error.

CW v4.6 pro
DG256B
P&E USB-ML12
0 Kudos