There shouldn't be a difference in the SCI operation between those two chips. The only difference is the amount of FLASH. Can you post the code you are using?
Did you check things like:
1) Rx and Tx pins are not backwards
2) Clock is trimmed (if using the internal clock)
3) Clock dividers set properly for that BAUD rate
4) Same serial settings for bits, parity, on both the DTE and DCE
Do you see garbage on the terminal or nothing at all?
I was asked these questions..
1. Is the Slave Enabled?2. Both SPI ports are configured for the same Clock Type (rising edge, falling edge, etc?3. MOSI connected to MISO?
1) I have a master and slave now.
2) The SPI Ports are definitely all set up the same, except I noticed in the example file the slave has the SPI1BR = 0x35; commented out.
3) Not sure how to check this, can you tell how to find out it MOSI is connected to MISO?
Retrieving data ...