programming from S19 files

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programming from S19 files

rlw
Contributor I
Currently using a P&E Multilink 12 USB directly with CodeWarrior.

The development module from our client *had* calibrations in it, but I accidently erased them. The client can give us an S19 file, but we do not have any way to program the S12X other than via CodeWarrior.

I am unable to find anyway that CW can read the S19 file and program it into the S12X.

The only other software I have found is P&E's PROGR12Z program, but that will cost us extra moeny the client is unwilling to reimburse us for.

The only remaining alternative is to wait for the client to send us another module.

Is there a way to get CodeWarrior to read and program from the S19 file?

Is there another (low cost) solution?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

mke_et
Contributor IV
I wonder... If you have access to an 'image' instead of S19 files, can't you just code in your program to treat the image as 'data', then let CW put it in the part? You'd probably have to break up the data for positional reasons, like placing the int vector table, but that shouldn't be hard.

Heck, write a program to walk your S19 file and 'map' it to individual files with known locations and contiguous blocks. (Ok, you could just use one massive block...) Then just write a 'wrapper' in CW to include the blocks as data, program and go.

Mike
0 Kudos

CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
The HIWAVE debugger (used by CodeWarrior) does actually support to load (and flash) srecords with the File->Load Application dialog, just the same way as it supports to load ELF files.
When loading an SRecord, you wont have symbolic debugging tough.

Daniel
0 Kudos