Cheap BDM - Turbo BDM Light for 16-Bit MCU - HC(S)12(X)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheap BDM - Turbo BDM Light for 16-Bit MCU - HC(S)12(X)

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Step-by-step instructions for programming the JB8 microcontroller in the TBDML design | pdf
(PROGRAMMING_JB8) Also verify that there is ~9V present on pin 11 after you power-up the interface in step 11 and 5V on the power supply pin 5. If you have an oscilloscope, check whether the oscillator is running. Verify whether characters transmitted on the RS-232 are visible pin 19 (PTA0). Characters transmitted by hyperterminal should be echoed back when the interface is connected to the RS-232 cable. Errors: incorrect RS-232 port is selected, the cable is faulty or the RS-232 level translator (MAX232) is not...

Third Party Community File: TBDML faster beta | plain
Freescale assumes no responsibility whatsoever with respect to this posted file. The software foR using the JB16 processor which is twice as fast. This is NOT complete. i will look in to it as soon as possible

Third Party Community File: TBDML_PCB_ps_and_bitmap | ZIP
Freescale assumes no responsibility whatsoever with respect to this posted file. Dimensions printed on sides of the PCB are in milli-inches. The PCB is oversized by factor of 3 to get high resolution in the bitmap. BMP: scale to the correct size using your favorite package. PS: Get Ghoscript/Ghostwiev to view/print this file. Open the file in Notepad and search for "SCALE and MOVE example". Uncomment the scale and translate commands and fine tune the numbers to get the right dimensions on your...

Third Party Community File: TBDML_11G | ZIP
Freescale assumes no responsibility whatsoever with respect to this posted file. Revision 1.1g. Added support for old HC12 devices under CodeWarrior. These devices cannot be identified automatically by the debugger because they do not have the PARTID register. There is now a new item in the menu which enables you to select the part you are working with. The flash programming becomes available once the correct part is selected.

Third Party Community File: TBDML Documentation, sources and executables | ZIP
Freescale assumes no responsibility whatsoever with respect to this posted file. Zip file contains all of the documantation, firmware, drivers, gerbers etc to allow you to build and intall the TBDML BDM debugger cable for the S12.

Third Party Community File: GDB for TBDML | tar
This file submitted by Tom Burrell. Freescale assumes no responsibility whatsoever with respect to this posted file. Kevin Ross BDM - By Tom Burrell. This is a copy of GDB for the Kevin Ross BDM for use with the MC9HCS12DG256C.

All these files are also listed in the 16-Bit Microcontroller Community File Area = Download.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

imajeff
Contributor III
I no longer find any web content about Freescale's "Community Downloads". Is Freescale still going to provide this? I only found the link such as GDB version of TBDML on this thread. Is there still a page describing all the community files available? Thanks

0 Kudos

imajeff
Contributor III

Alban wrote:
Third Party Community File: TBDML faster beta
Freescale assumes no responsibility whatsoever with respect to this posted file. The software foR using the JB16 processor which is twice as fast. This is NOT complete. i will look in to it as soon as possible

I wish somebody would work out the details on this one. If not then I will probably get around to it within the next 10 years.
0 Kudos

eckhard
Contributor V
Hello,

the software for the faster ( JB16 ) controller s working fine. You should be able to find an old thread coming rom freegeeks net where I asked the same question for this. The BDM stuff is working fine, the only problem is a bug when you wan´t to install a software update via USB. The prgramming via MON08 is no problem.

Eckhard
0 Kudos

imajeff
Contributor III
Ok thanks.
I guess it's the description that needs fixed then, isn't it :smileyhappy:

It says, "This is NOT complete. i will look in to it as soon as possible"

Sure would be nice to take that out of the description of the download when there's no mention that it works for what it is.

Message Edited by imajeff on 2006-06-19 03:10 PM

0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hi Ima,

I don't really know where the Community Files are going.
I prefer the files with the posts, personally, because we can talk about them.

I'll try and remove the comment, but I don't know if I can sneak into the file management system.

Cheers,
Alban.
0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Change made according to Imajeff request
Waiting for file owner approval.

0 Kudos