Any way to not erase FLASHX when reprogramming part?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to not erase FLASHX when reprogramming part?

Jump to solution
barbercolman
Contributor III

Hi

I want to use the FLASHX driver to emulate EEPROM. There is an example but it does not answer my question.. Is there any way to preserve data in flash when reprogramming the part? I plan on moving the FL:ASHX area up to the top of flash so there should not be a need to erase it.

Any suggestion or alternatives?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Barber,

Are you using CW10.x?

If yes, open it, select the Help-->Welcome to get the welcome screen when a new workspace is opened.

Towards the bottom of the page (its a long page too) select/click "Using the Flash Programmer".

Then look at the "Create a Flash Programmer Target Task" and the sub headings.

The Target Task will let you select what flash sectors you want to erase and/or not to erase.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Barber,

Are you using CW10.x?

If yes, open it, select the Help-->Welcome to get the welcome screen when a new workspace is opened.

Towards the bottom of the page (its a long page too) select/click "Using the Flash Programmer".

Then look at the "Create a Flash Programmer Target Task" and the sub headings.

The Target Task will let you select what flash sectors you want to erase and/or not to erase.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Abhitechmania
Contributor IV

Hi David,

I have same question but with Keil MDK. Is there any guide which explains the process of "programming the flash". It will be useful in the case described above and also using the bootloader. The application notes given by freescale regarding bootloader uses either CW or IAR. 

Thanks in advance,

Abhinav

P.S. I use Keil MDK, TWR60, MQX 3.8

0 Kudos