Robert Templeton

CodeWarrior MacOS 9.5 stops responding on C++ compile

Discussion created by Robert Templeton on Feb 23, 2006
Latest reply on Feb 27, 2006 by Marc Paquette
I've just downloaded the 9.6 update but have not yet installed it. Nonetheless, CW has been working well on other projects (plugin libs) without incident. But a new plugin port is giving me pause.

This is MacOSX 10.4.5, CodeWarrior Development Studio MacOS 9.5, XCode 2.2.1 installed.

All of my plugins are developed on Windows in Visual C++ 6.0 before being ported to MacOS. After copying and fixing a standard project file and adding all of the appropriate source code, the compiler continues until a particularly large class (.cpp) file. Then it just hangs (spin wheel, "Not Responding" in Activity Monitor). This code compiles cleanly on VC++ and porting differences have been added to the code.

I donot know if it is the project size for the lib (VC++ churns out a 600KB lib - and this is nowhere near complete). Or if it is the code size for that class file. With no crash information, no warnings, no errors, there is little that I can do to determine a cause. This class is integral to the project, so it cannot just be ignored.

Thank you,
Robert

Outcomes