cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX shell running over USB virtual Comm using USB API

Jump to solution
MarkW_
Contributor I

I am new to both the Kinetis series as well as MQX, so forgive me if I have missed something obvious.  I would like to run the command shell over the USB and it seems very probable that there is a demo for that, but I can't find it.  Plenty of demos using USB to echo a single character but oddly those don't use the USB library from MQX nor do they provide useful functionality.  What am I missing?  Is there a trivial way to denote USB Device (virtual Comm) as the default I/O?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hi Mark W.

we still don't support POSIX wrapper for USB CDC device. For that reason the stdout can not be redirected to the USB CDC device's POSIX API.

However, we support POSIX drivers for USB CDC host functionallity: all attached CDC devices behave like POSIX instances, therefore the stdout can be redirected to any of them.

Regards,

MartinK

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hi Mark W.

we still don't support POSIX wrapper for USB CDC device. For that reason the stdout can not be redirected to the USB CDC device's POSIX API.

However, we support POSIX drivers for USB CDC host functionallity: all attached CDC devices behave like POSIX instances, therefore the stdout can be redirected to any of them.

Regards,

MartinK

0 Kudos
Teckna
Contributor V

Is there any plan to support POSIX wrapper for USB CDC device in the next MQX release?

Many thanks

Teckna

0 Kudos