Is there any version of PE supporting MPC56xx ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any version of PE supporting MPC56xx ?

Jump to solution
hhx0202
Contributor I

Hi,I'm using CodeWarrior for MPC55xx/MPC56xx Microcontrollers V2.7, for MPC5634M(Power Architecture).

I've installed the codewarrior,but I don't find find the Processor Expert integrated with this IDE, and I couldn't find the independent PE package on the website.

Is there any version of PE supporting MPC56xx , and could anyone give me an address to download this PE package?

Or, is there other software, except PE, having the similar fuction like  initializing project?

thx

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

PE V1.06 is delivered as stand-alone verison only. There is no integration with CW. I have doublecheck it, and you are right,  MPC56xx is not supported in PE V1.06 and there is not plan tu support it in near future. Sorry for my previous confusing post related to support of MPC56xx in PE V1.06.

Regarding to your last question: In case you want to use CodeWarrior compiler you should select Metrowerks.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

the latest version of Prcoessor Expert for MPCfamily  (PE V1.06) can be download here:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-MPC55XX_56XX&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Too...

or you can use this direct link PE V1.06.

The list of supported MCUs in PE V1.06 is listed in the attachment.

You can find more details also here on forum, see:

https://community.freescale.com/thread/99342

best regards
Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos
hhx0202
Contributor I

Hello,thanks for your reply.

I have clicked 1st link, and downloaded the v2.9 of the codewarrior,but it still doesn't contain the PE.

Then I downloaded the PE 1.06 from the 2nd link,and installed it sucessfully,but it seemed that, this version didn't support  MPC5634M. Or it was compatible with some particular type of MPC55XX family?Could you help me figuring it out?

Additionly, when I configured the target C compiler of PE 1.06, there was no option of Codewarrior,only GreenHills,Metrowerks and WindRiver. Didn'd it matter if I choose any one of them?

Thanks

0 Kudos
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

PE V1.06 is delivered as stand-alone verison only. There is no integration with CW. I have doublecheck it, and you are right,  MPC56xx is not supported in PE V1.06 and there is not plan tu support it in near future. Sorry for my previous confusing post related to support of MPC56xx in PE V1.06.

Regarding to your last question: In case you want to use CodeWarrior compiler you should select Metrowerks.

best regards
Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos
hhx0202
Contributor I

Well, it seems that I have to configure the processor without autotools.

Thank you all the same.

0 Kudos