cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB role switch with Cadence IP on i.MX8QM

abdulredwan
Contributor III

Hi NXP Team,

We are working on i.MX8QM MEK platform where we working on the demonstration for USB role switch required for Apple CarPlay. Though there are some information available with respect to Chipidea controller we couldnt find anything with respect to Cadence 3 usb port present in the CPU board. Could you please throw some lights on this (some reference implementation on Cadence like how to switch the role to host/gadget)

We do have some specific requirements like vbus should always be supplied by the MEK irrespective of the role (host/gadget) hope it will be taken care in the multiple drivers of the controller and the platform but for now we are stuck with where to start for switching the roles itself

Thanks

Redwan

0 Kudos
1 Reply

abdulredwan
Contributor III

I think we cant really do role switch on Cadence 3.0 with i.MX8QM since it is Dual role controller where as the same could be done on the QXP since it has the cadence 3.0 OTG controller. This could be closed if my answer is correct

This is basically my understanding based on the comparison of usb with imx8qm and imx8qxp

Thanks

REDWAN

0 Kudos