cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking help on putting i.MX6 Solo build together

Conductor2
Contributor I

Hi NXP,

I currently am working for a client that is developing a device(s) that use the i.MX6 Solo chip.

I need to put together the next generation build, and I need to support Storyboard/Crank.

The previous system they had put together was done using Ubuntu 16.04 when it boots, and it uses the Timesys scripts to build/create the images they flash. While my manager gets me an NXP contact I thought I would post here. I have mostly used NXP development kits in the past, and all the builds I have done use Yocto. My client is currently using Subversion, and I may need to get this into SVN after, but I want to be focused on the build environment.

How would NXP suggest I setup the meta layers? I have read conflicting information on which meta-imx layer to use, and currently have used the poky build and trying to layer the meta-imx on top.

This is from the serial console upon boot.

CPU:   Freescale i.MX6SOLO rev1.3 at 792 MHz
Reset cause: POR
1042639 V1.01 Build 4
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  512 MiB
NAND:  1024 MiB

I can also get into the u-boot prompt. We also use a camera and 2 CAN busses.

My hope is to develop on Ubuntu 22.04, I put together a BeagleBone build environment based on it recently, but in this case I need the imx BSPs. Is there some method to the madness of putting this together?

To complicate things, not intentional, but I saw last night that there is a optee_os packagegroup in the meta-imx layer I have. In looking that up it seems that it supports some type of openembedded with a Linux kernel that is based on Some google work. I also found a TI reference to the optee_os, so they use it also. I'd like to know if I should consider that? Is that a viable option?

Some of the Storyboard is being done by partners and I need to run their files. So I need to make sure they develop and create the files that the Crank frameworks need. I'm told we are currently using Crank 5.1 I need to make sure I can use those files on this build, OR be able to have the partners use a Stroyboard that is compatible with this build.

Alan

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Conductor2
Contributor I

Bumping this in case NXP missed it.

Waiting to talk with my manager, but hoping that NXP can help on that end or here.

Is there someone at NXP that is familiar with the i.MX6 Solo ???

Alan

0 Kudos