cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imxrt117x: Micron Serial NOR MT25QL256ABA : Cannot program beyond 16MB

jimmyam
Contributor II

Hi All,

We are using Micron Serial NOR MT25QL256ABA (32MB)flash and not able to use 'flexspi_nor_flash_page_program' API to program beyond 16MB. Upto 16MB all good. 

Now I have enabled 4 byte addressing mode to test this. My relevant LUT entries are :

/* Enter 4 byte addressing mode */
[4 * NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_ENTER_4BYTE_ADDR_MODE] =
FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(kFLEXSPI_Command_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0xB7, kFLEXSPI_Command_STOP, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0),

/* Page Program - quad mode */

[4 * NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_PAGEPROGRAM_QUAD] =
FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(kFLEXSPI_Command_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x34, kFLEXSPI_Command_RADDR_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x20),
[4 * NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_PAGEPROGRAM_QUAD + 1] =
FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(kFLEXSPI_Command_WRITE_SDR, kFLEXSPI_4PAD, 0x04, kFLEXSPI_Command_STOP, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0),

I have called enter 4 byte addressing mode API before the write.

I can see that it writes some data to the flash (when I dump it using BLHost), but it is not the data I have written.

I would like to know whether I am missing something here.

Thank you in advance.

Note 1: I am modifying the NXP SDK example 'flexspi_nor_polling_transfer' project

Note2 : I am able to program beyond 16MB if I use BLHost and MCUXpresso

iMXRT1170 

0 Kudos
7 Replies

lucas_cao
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Maybe you can refer RT1170 EVKB's SDK. On RT1170 EVKB, the on-board flash is a 512Mb QSPI flash and the SDK enabled the 4 bytes mode by default.

0 Kudos

jimmyam
Contributor II

Hi @lucas_cao ,

Thank you for your response. Do you mean referring 'evkmimxrt1170_flexspi_nor_polling_transfer_cm7'. I was using that already , but by default they use 3 byte addressing.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

lucas_cao
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @jimmyam 

You are using the RT1170 EVK SDK. It indeed using 3 byte mode.

What i mentioned is RT1170 EVKB SDK, this is using the 4 byte mode by default.

0 Kudos

jimmyam
Contributor II

Hi @jingpan ,

I will check for any protection set. Than k you.

0 Kudos

jimmyam
Contributor II

Hi @jingpan ,

My apologies. I was working on some other issues and was not able to look at this. I am back to this now.

I am able to access up to 24MB now (But last 8MB still not accessible) . I am using 'evkmimxrt1170_flexspi_nor_polling_transfer_cm7' based project. My issue was I was not erasing with a 4 byte addressing (4-BYTE SECTOR ERASE) . Now Up to 24 MB, I can erase, write and read.

It is very strange that even after using 4 byte addressing page program commands (34h), it is not able to access full 32MB. Did you hear about such an issue earlier?

Regards,

Jimmy

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jimmyam ,

No, I never heard such story. If you can access 24M space, that means all address bit has been send. Is there some protect settings in your flash?

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jimmyam ,

4-BYTE QUAD INPUT FAST PROGRAM(34)  needn't enable 4-byte address mode. It seems the LUT command is fine.  You're able to program beyond 16MB if I use BLHost and MCUXpresso. If the data is correct, you can export the flash configure structure from chip. You can refer to this post.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/i-MX-RT-FLEXSPI-booting-guide/ta-p/1669262

Regards,

jing

0 Kudos