cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX RT1064-EVK Debug and MCU Bootloader errors

paninie
Contributor I

Hi,

1 - I'm using an i.MX RT1064-EVK board with MCUXpresso 11.2.1. In the first days I was not able to debug any applications: after downloading projects (sample project or my new project) into memory, there was a fatal error and MCUXpresso didn't stop at main function. After reading some internet posts, I copied an .axf file with Windows Explorer in EVK memory. After that MCUXpresso debug started to work fine and now I can debug all our applications. I need to understand why we need this "copy" operation, to avoid problem in our developed board: is this linked to Freelink debug interface (in our application we will use a PEmicro debug probe to download our application) or did this operation change some eFuses?

2 - Next question is about MCU Bootloader: if I work with Flashloader sample debug, I can connect with blhost tool ("blhost -p COM6,115200 -- get-property 1" works well). If I work with internal serial downloader (changing Boot mode) it return this error: "Ping responded in 1 attempt(s)
Error: Initial ping failure: Invalid packet type.". Is internal MCU Bootloader incompatible with blhost tools?

Thanks

Regards

Emanuele

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Emanuele,

Please see my answers below.

1. Did you update the board under maintenance mode? If so, then this is indeed related to the debug interface. You can see more details in the link below. If this is not related to what you did, please provide more details about what are the exact steps you did.

Overview of using the MIMXRT1060(4)-EVK with MCUXp... - NXP Community

2. As it is mentioned in application note listed below: The blhost application is a command-line utility used by the host computer to initiate the communication and inject commands to the Flashloader running on the target device. This means flashloader is needed in order to communicate with the blhost.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/nxp/application-notes/AN12238.pdf

Have a great day,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored. Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

0 Kudos