What is the performance difference between internal SRAM and external SDRAM in RT1050?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the performance difference between internal SRAM and external SDRAM in RT1050?

yongjin2712_cho
Contributor I

I'm trying to transfer data using FlexIO2

FlexIO2 and memory are connected by eDMA and FlexIO2 transfer data at 15Mbps using 16 data line and 1 clock line 

I set SEMC clock to 150MHz

When I transfer 384Kbyte with internal SRAM, it takes about 14ms

But when I transfer 384Kbyte with external SDRAM, it takes about 36ms.

Is it the correct performance difference between internal SRAM and external SDRAM ?

Is there any way to improve performace with external SDRAM?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi YongJin Choi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1)Is it the correct performance difference between internal SRAM and external SDRAM?
-- The difference between the SRAM and SDRAM's performance is normal.
2) Is there any way to improve performance with external SDRAM?

• SDRAM write performance is good under of DCACHE disable, however, SDRAM read performance increase by 5 times after enabling DCACHE.
  • Better performance on SDRAM write than read, as write operation is pipelined.
  • To balance read and write performance, as well as practices application, recommend to enable CACHE in most case.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos