显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Unable to update the Firmware through DFU

928 次查看
Ragnar
Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to update the firmware in the RT1170 using the "evkmimxrt1170_dev_dfu_freertos_cm7" example by following the document given I'm able to load the given "dev_hid_mouse_bm.bin" example to the RAM and it is working fine. But when I load my own bin file it is loading but not executing. I have removed the XIP boot header and added the CRC check to it. After loading the file it is again returning back to the DFU application immediately without executing the loaded file.

Ragnar_0-1703080298643.png

How to upload my own bin file?

Thanks & Regards,

Ragnar.

0 项奖励
8 回复数

758 次查看
Ragnar
Contributor III

Hello @Gavin_Jia 

I have tried both the DFU and MCU Boot Utility by generating the bin file by disabling the XIP_BOOT_HEADER & XIP_EXTERNAL_FLASH with the reference of https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility  But still I'm getting faults while loading the image through the DFU or MCU boot utility.

Can you please help me regarding this issue. 

1. I just want to generate an image file that can run in the Rt1170 when loaded through the DFU or MCU boot utility.

2. How to generate a RAM image that run from RAM when loaded through the DFU example.

Thanks & Regards,

Ragnar.

0 项奖励

723 次查看
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Ragnar ,

I truly apologize for my late reply. Thank you very much for your patience. (Due to recent global vacations, it has been difficult to get internal support in a timely manner, thank you for your understanding) It's glad to know that eventually there is an answer to this question.

Totally, the issue is due to the offset of the image. Please check the code snip:

Gavin_Jia_0-1704451428706.png

Because of the design in the DFU program, address offsets need to be modified in ITC:

Take led_blink as an example, please follow the steps below:

1. select link to ram in MCUXpressolink:

Gavin_Jia_1-1704451593252.png

2. Modify the MEMORY as shown:

Gavin_Jia_3-1704451655941.png

3. Add the crc and you're ready to go.

I have attached the bin file that is already available, the file with the suffix "_1" is the one that has been header added. Please test it.

Happy new year!

Best regards,

Gavin

0 项奖励

637 次查看
Ragnar
Contributor III

Hi @Gavin_Jia ,

Thanks for the response, Now I'm able to do that for the examples that uses the internal.

But when it's come to the external ram examples (like camera and LCD). I'm unable to do that.

Could you please help me with this?

Regards,

Ragnar.

0 项奖励

632 次查看
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Ragnar ,

Thanks for your feedback. I am glad to hear the good news from you!

So far this issue of how to create a usable dfu image has run its course, and this thread is really long, could you help to create a new thread?

We try to make a thread a single topic and take every customer question seriously. Thanks for your kind understand!

Best regards,
Gavin

0 项奖励

625 次查看
Ragnar
Contributor III

Hi @Gavin_Jia,

Thanks for the support you provided. I will create the new thread as you mentioned.

Regards,

Ragnar.

0 项奖励

886 次查看
Ragnar
Contributor III

Hello,

I found that my image file is loading to ROM (QSPI)and at the same time MSP pointing to ram and the PC is pointing to QSPI flash. But for the given example bin file when I loaded it.

It is also loading to the ROM but the MSP and PC both are pointing to the RAM only.

So, I just want to know how to generate the binary file just like the example "dev_hid_mouse_bm.bin" file provided in the example "evkmimxrt1170_dev_dfu_freertos_cm7".

Ragnar_1-1703227079341.png

I followed this A way to create a binary that is copied to RAM fro... - NXP Community   and modified the image.

But it is giving the errors as below.

Ragnar_2-1703227361394.png

Can anyone help me regarding this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,

Ragnar.

0 项奖励

880 次查看
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Ragnar ,

Thanks for your interest in NXP I.MXRT series. This case was assigned to me and I will support you.

The information you've provided is very thorough, I'm in the process of reproducing this locally and I'll let you know as soon as there are new developments.

Best regards,

Gavin

0 项奖励

823 次查看
Ragnar
Contributor III

Hi @Gavin_Jia ,

Glad to hear from you. I'm waiting for your response for the above-mentioned problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Ragnar.

0 项奖励