Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial flash support in i.MXRT1160 platforms

Jump to solution
vishnusudhankj
Contributor III

Hi,

I need few clarification on Flash support in i.MX RT 1160 EVK

1. In SPT V4.1, I can able to see few variants of FLEX SPI NOR like IS25WP128, AT25SF128A &IS26KSxxxS.
a. If I select any variant in the above mentioned flash , the bootup happens successfully. 
b. In i.MXRT 1160 EVK, I can able to locate only IS25WP128 FLEX SPI NOR. Other variants AT25SF128A  & IS26KSxxxS (NOR flash) can't able to locate in schematics. where's it actually located?
c. What does it actually referring , is this variant available for RT 1160 platform ? which platform does it support actually?

2. Flash for XIP Encryption

a. Same as like FLEXSPI1 NOR , other flash too supports XIP based Encryption?
b. Is there any challenges for XIP based encryption related to Flash variant like supportable/not supportable?
c. Is there any other flash available in i.MXRT1160 EVK does not support XIP Based Encryption method?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @vishnusudhankj 

Thanks for your reply.
1) Suggest how to use other NOR flash variants AT25SF128A &IS26KSxxxS or IS25WP128 flash alone get support for 1160evk?
-- As I said before, you should choose a device that is consistent or compatible with the platform, so please assure the RT1160 platform has the corresponding device.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------aa

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @vishnusudhankj ,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) What does it actually referring , is this variant available for RT1160 platform ? which platform does it support actually?
-- In simple terms, you should choose a device that is consistent or compatible with the platform.
2) The XIP encryption has nothing constraints with the Nor flash types.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
vishnusudhankj
Contributor III

Hi @jeremyzhou 

Is these variants AT25SF128A &IS26KSxxxS available for i.MX RT1160 platform.

because through SPT, if i select these variants AT25SF128A &IS26KSxxxS , seems image gets bootup from IS25WP128 flash. Because IS25WP128 flash only available in the 1160 schematics.

Suggest how to use other NOR flash variants AT25SF128A &IS26KSxxxS or IS25WP128  flash alone get support for 1160evk?

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @vishnusudhankj 

Thanks for your reply.
1) Suggest how to use other NOR flash variants AT25SF128A &IS26KSxxxS or IS25WP128 flash alone get support for 1160evk?
-- As I said before, you should choose a device that is consistent or compatible with the platform, so please assure the RT1160 platform has the corresponding device.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------aa

0 Kudos