cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYSTICK of imxrt1050

divyaece2
Contributor II

Hi everyone...

Please tell me the way or procedure to generate systick for imxrt 1050. If possible kindly share me any example code for reference... It would be helpful for me!

Thanks,

Divya.S

4 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

refer to the RM, 24 MHz crystal Oscillator can be used as the SysTick counter clock reference. for more detailed discussded with this topic, pls refer to the link as below:

https://community.nxp.com/message/1042621 

divyaece2
Contributor II

Hi Joan Xie,

Thank you for your guidance. But when i go through the link, I could not reach the reference. And I got the message as below mentioned attachment. Kindly give me the reason and required reference for that...

Thanks and Regards,

Divya.S systick.PNG

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

ok, I copyt he reply from expert team to you :

"

I confirmed with SOC design and this is what they said. He was answering the question I asked: Please confirm for the customer this is the external clock mux input and be clear what happens if the 24 MHz crystal is not enabled while the SysTick timer is using it.

The 24MHz XTALOSC is the external clock source of the systick. Note that it is divided down to 100KHz before it goes to systick. Also note that in case XTALOSC24M_LOWPWR_CTRLn[OSC_SEL] is set the whole chip’s 24Mhz clock will be from RCOSC.

The 24MHz crystal must exist, otherwise the chip won’t power up. In low power modes user may disable the 24MHz crystal but before that they must enable the 24Mhz RCOSC otherwise the system fails.

"

divyaece2
Contributor II

Hi Joan Xie..

Thank you so much for your response. I will try to do what you mentioned here.

Thanks and Regards,

Divya.S

0 Kudos