次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Rebuilding the Azure RTOS Libraries in IAR

ソリューションへジャンプ
1,712件の閲覧回数
gcary
Contributor III

In my quest to know what is required to rebuild the Azure RTOS library using the IAR tools, I read the following post:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPC-Microcontrollers/Azure-ThreadX/m-p/1444008

Microsoft provides the IAR project files needed to build the library.  Why doesn't NXP include them?  NXP is behind the latest Github release so I downloaded the same release from Github to compare against. The only difference I can see is that tx_initialize_low_level.s is being supplied as tx_initialize_low_level.c.  Otherwise every other file is the same.

It should be relatively easy to modify Microsoft's project files to reflect the tx_initialize_low_level.c change and include them in the NXP release.  Is there a reason why this isn't being done?

Regards,

Greg

ラベル(5)
0 件の賞賛
1 解決策
1,649件の閲覧回数
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gcary 

The Azure RTOS library could be compiled in IAR. Here is a path for the IAR project file.

boards/evkmimxrt1160/azure_rtos_examples/

├── filex_lib

├── netxduo_lib

├── threadx_lib

└── usbx_lib

danielchen_0-1657023451923.png

Please let me know if you need further information.

Regards

Daniel

元の投稿で解決策を見る

7 返答(返信)
1,684件の閲覧回数
gcary
Contributor III

I don't see a reason why there would be a problem if I compiled my own libraries, but I don't like to assume that is the case.  Maybe NXP had some issues with doing that, so they decided to exclude those files?  There could be a good reason the project files are not provided.  Is there any reason I should not compile them myself?

0 件の賞賛
1,682件の閲覧回数
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gcary :

Let me check this and will reply to you when I have results.

Regards

Danile

0 件の賞賛
1,673件の閲覧回数
gcary
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

Thank you very much for helping out with this.  I don't know if this will be helpful or not, but I wanted to let you know how ST Micro implements it in their STM32CubeMX software.  I'm not saying they're doing it right.  I'm only offering it as a comparison.

I created a sample project that only included ThreadX.  The IAR project that it created did not use libraries.  Every RTOS source file was included in the project.  I compiled it, and after it was compiled I modified the top level user source file.  I compiled the project, and the only file that needed recompiling was the one I modified.  I was looking to see how much time the IAR tools took to inspect the status of all the RTOS source files.  It did not take hardly any time at all.

I realize there are pros and cons to using libraries vs. source code files.  But one thing I proved to myself is that recompiling speed doesn't appear to be an issue.

Regards,

Greg

0 件の賞賛
1,650件の閲覧回数
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gcary 

The Azure RTOS library could be compiled in IAR. Here is a path for the IAR project file.

boards/evkmimxrt1160/azure_rtos_examples/

├── filex_lib

├── netxduo_lib

├── threadx_lib

└── usbx_lib

danielchen_0-1657023451923.png

Please let me know if you need further information.

Regards

Daniel

1,639件の閲覧回数
gcary
Contributor III

Thank you Daniel!  I never specified which processor I am using.  I am using the RT1062, and unfortunately that EVK does not have the library build files.

I downloaded a variety of different SDKs just now, and the library projects are included in the RT116x and RT117x SDKs.  The RT10xx projects that I downloaded do not have them.

Are their plans to update the SDK builds for the RT10xx to include the library build files for IAR?

Regards,

Greg

0 件の賞賛
1,630件の閲覧回数
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gcary :

I can see the lib in evkmimxrt1060 SDK.

danielchen_0-1657156672451.png

Regards

Daniel

1,628件の閲覧回数
gcary
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry, I see they are there.  I just didn't know where to look before. Now I know.  Thank you for showing me.

Regards,

Greg

0 件の賞賛