cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT600 --- data exchange between DSP and MCU in shared memory

Jump to solution
zhang2018tz
Contributor I

I am working on RT600 dev board (ekvmimxrt685). I've successfully evaluated the demo program of MU (inter core communication). Then I intend to evaluate inter core communication through the shared memory.

The very basic thing I intended to do is: DSP writes a value to a position. (such as put 0x12345678 to address 0x40000). Then MCU checks if it can see 0x12345678 at address 0x40000.

I found MCU could ONLY see the data that DSP writes at 0x24000000 (TCM) space. 

Then I know cache matters. And I have the following lines (in the DSP's program) before this "writng data" test: 

/* Disable DSP cache for noncacheable sections. */
xthal_set_region_attribute((uint32_t *)&NonCacheable_start,
(uint32_t)&NonCacheable_end - (uint32_t)&NonCacheable_start, XCHAL_CA_BYPASS, 0);
xthal_set_region_attribute((uint32_t *)&NonCacheable_init_start,
(uint32_t)&NonCacheable_init_end - (uint32_t)&NonCacheable_init_start, XCHAL_CA_BYPASS,
0);

But it made me really confused, even space 0x20040000 (and following 256kbyte) are set to uncached, I still could not let MCU see DSP's writing data at 0x20040000.

Looking forward to have some support from this forum.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi zhang tz ,

Thanks for your interest in the NXP MIMXRT product, I would like to provide service for you.

Could you tell me which code you are using now? The SDK or your own code?

Can you share the testing code, then I can help you to check the details about the MIMXRT685-EVK.

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi zhang tz ,

Thanks for your interest in the NXP MIMXRT product, I would like to provide service for you.

Could you tell me which code you are using now? The SDK or your own code?

Can you share the testing code, then I can help you to check the details about the MIMXRT685-EVK.

Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
zhang2018tz
Contributor I

Hi Kerry,

THanks for your reply! The code that I was testing with is the SDK demo programs,, and the platform is NXP official RT600 demo board.

Regarding the topic of this post, it suddenly became OK! I opend the DSP audio demo program (both MCU side and DSP side), I added the codes that doing the things that I said in my first post here. It just worked as I expected: MCU can see the data that DSP writes (within the noncache space).

THanks again for your attention!

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi zhang tz,

Thanks for your updated information, and I am glad to hear you already OK.

So, if your question is closed, please help to mark the correct answer, just to close this case, thanks.

Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos