Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1176 Custom Board Bring Up

Jump to solution
Wobaffet
Senior Contributor I

Hello, 

We have a custom board with RT1176 MCU. Our Boot CFG pins are all set to low, when our board is at b10 for the boot mode, which is serial download mode, we can do the following things from the MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning Tool:

Wobaffet_2-1690380770792.png

Wobaffet_3-1690380823101.png

When we set the board boot mode to b00 which is boot from fuses, it does not continue from serial download mode since there is no bootable image on the board, as default it should redirect to serial download mode but it won't.

When we try to connect via MCU-link with b01 internal boot mode we get the following result from MCUXpresso:

Wobaffet_0-1690380540737.png

After this when we set it back to serial download mode b10 again we can connect via MCU-Link from MCUXpresso but when we try to debug it won't even start the program and throws a fault as below:

Wobaffet_1-1690380688907.png

1. What could be our problem here? What are we missing?
  2. Is there an example that you can suggest that we can directly run the code from internal RAM without using any flash to see any kind of result?

We don't use the same QSPI flash but we configured the custom_flexspi_nor_boot.c for our flash which is AT25SF321B.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Wobaffet
Senior Contributor I

Problem was the JTAG pins was not configured as available on the schematic thats why, we were not able to connect via mcu-link.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Wobaffet
Senior Contributor I

Problem was the JTAG pins was not configured as available on the schematic thats why, we were not able to connect via mcu-link.

0 Kudos
Wobaffet
Senior Contributor I

Hello Pavel,

Thank you for your answer.

We've tried the project you've suggested but again the same thing happened. We've tried the project at serial download mode if that is relevant. We get the below results. Also flash at the schematic that you've provided is not the same with ours. We have AT25SF321B.

Screenshot from 2023-07-27 09-51-22.png

0 Kudos
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Pavel, and I will be supporting your case, I reviewed your information could you try to test the example blinky led but for the EVKB RT1176? please, has the same memory that you have.

Pavel_Hernandez_0-1690397234433.pngPavel_Hernandez_1-1690397259182.png

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos
Wobaffet
Senior Contributor I

Also, for our Flash AT25SF321B, does default flash driver acceptable?

Screenshot from 2023-07-27 10-40-08.png

Also here are the defines for our example project with custom_flexspi_nor_boot.c for our flash. Are these acceptable?

CPU_MIMXRT1176CVM8A
CPU_MIMXRT1176CVM8A_cm7
SDK_DEBUGCONSOLE=1
SDK_OS_BAREMETAL
XIP_EXTERNAL_FLASH=1
XIP_BOOT_HEADER_ENABLE=1
SERIAL_PORT_TYPE_UART=1
__MCUXPRESSO
__USE_CMSIS
DEBUG
__NEWLIB__

0 Kudos
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, the SFDP Driver should be enough to find your memory that is a generic driver that discovers your memory. 

In that case, maybe this thread could help you to do a new driver.

How to create a new Flash driver of the MCUXPresso... - NXP Community

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos