Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1170 TSN Setup (Motor Control)

Jump to solution
Bay
Contributor III

Hi @kerryzhou ,

Here I have some questions about the TSN Setup (Motor Control).

Bay_1-1695174899806.png

1) From the diagram above, is it means the TSN endpoint (GREEN) is a RT1170 board, and the TSN Motor Slave/TSN Motor IO device (RED) is a RT1170 Board which connect to a motor? 

2) Any TSN setup should have at least two RT1170 boards, right? One of the boards should configure as controller and the other one configures as IO device?

3) If I want to connect to 2 motors, then I should have 3 RT1170 boards, one will be controller and the others two will be configure as IO devices. And I should include also TSN switch (RT1180) to connect all the RT1170 boards.

So, is it means if I need to connect to more than one motor, I should include TSN switch?

4) TSN bridge and TSN switch are they the same?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Bay 

Thanks so much for your trust.

Talk about your issues from my viewpoint:

1) From the diagram above, is it means the TSN endpoint (GREEN) is a RT1170 board, and the TSN Motor Slave/TSN Motor IO device (RED) is a RT1170 Board which connect to a motor? 

=>Answer: I think the red TSN Moto is from this part:

https://www.nxp.com/design/designs/i-mx-rt-industrial-drive-development-platform:I.MX-RT-INDUSTRIAL-...

2) Any TSN setup should have at least two RT1170 boards, right? One of the boards should configure as controller and the other one configures as IO device?

=>Answer: Yes, any TSN setup need at least 2 boards, otherwise, you can't test it.

Yes, you are totally right.

3) If I want to connect to 2 motors, then I should have 3 RT1170 boards, one will be controller and the others two will be configure as IO devices. And I should include also TSN switch (RT1180) to connect all the RT1170 boards.

So, is it means if I need to connect to more than one motor, I should include TSN switch?

=>Answer: Please refer to my above linker, as I know, that platform use RT1170 TSN to control 4 motors.

https://www.nxp.com/design/designs/i-mx-rt-industrial-drive-development-platform:I.MX-RT-INDUSTRIAL-...

You can check it at first, any issues, you can create the new case to discuss it.

More TSN endpoint, need the TSN switch, RT1180 can realize the TSN switch function.

=>Answer: Yes, it is the same, as I know!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Bay 

Thanks so much for your trust.

Talk about your issues from my viewpoint:

1) From the diagram above, is it means the TSN endpoint (GREEN) is a RT1170 board, and the TSN Motor Slave/TSN Motor IO device (RED) is a RT1170 Board which connect to a motor? 

=>Answer: I think the red TSN Moto is from this part:

=>Answer: Yes, any TSN setup need at least 2 boards, otherwise, you can't test it.

Yes, you are totally right.

=>Answer: Please refer to my above linker, as I know, that platform use RT1170 TSN to control 4 motors.

You can check it at first, any issues, you can create the new case to discuss it.

More TSN endpoint, need the TSN switch, RT1180 can realize the TSN switch function.

=>Answer: Yes, it is the same, as I know!

Bay
Contributor III

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for your reply.

I thought the red TSN Moto is a RT1170 board connect to FRDM-MC-LVPMSM from this user guide.

Bay_0-1695266862606.pngBay_1-1695266895419.png

The documents can be found in:

Bay_2-1695267076263.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
frtech
Contributor I
I am now working on RT1180 tsn,Can we talk? What's your contact information。
0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @frtech ,

RT1180 is the NPI, you can contact your local distributor about it.

Best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos