cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1170 EVKB: QSPI with FlexIO

Jump to solution
lsrbigfoot
Contributor III

I am looking to simulate QPSI on FlexIO, using the MIMXRT1170-EVKB.

It appears that board examples for FlexIO (driver_examples\flexio\spi) only include LPSPI examples for a single lane SPI (PCS, SOUT, SIN, and CLK).

Are there any examples available on how to simulate QPSI (PCS, DATA[0, 1, 2, 3], and CLK) via FlexIO?

Previous post Solved: RT1011 QSPI implementation - NXP Community appears to indicate that QSPI is possible with LPSPI and with FlexIO. I see where LSPI can be configured to do QSPI? But how can I use FlexIO to simulate QSPI?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry we do not have sample for that

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lsrbigfoot
Contributor III

After looking at FlexIO example for a traditional SPI implementation, I have a question about the FlexIO peripheral and how the shift register(s) work.

Knowing that QSPI mode requires 4 data pins (Rx or Tx), will FLEXIO require the use of 4 shift registers to receive or send each bit on each data pin? Also, for implementing QSPI mode, can one FlexIO shift register be configured to distribute (receive or send) each bit onto the 4 data pins in QSPI bit order? I'm thinking that the former (4 register approach) is easier to do (if not only option).

0 Kudos
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry we do not have sample for that

0 Kudos