NXP-MCUboot utility 2.4.0 issue using custom board.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP-MCUboot utility 2.4.0 issue using custom board.

Jump to solution
nicolasmuratore
Contributor III

Hi All, hope you are doing well, I have designed a custom board based on imxrt1062 EVK, I'm using almost the same interfaces but taking off sensors and other stuff that are not necessary for the proyect.

uC: IMXRT1062
SDRAM:same like evk.
QSPI NOR FLash for boot. (working)
LPUART: (working)
LPSPI: lpspi4, connected to a memory SPI-NOR. (not working)

I've modified an original SDK project in MCUExpresso, originally used to test lpspi communication between boards,but in this case to communicate with an external spi-nor memory, this programm send the READID command to a spi-nor, using lpspi4 port.
I added the memory externally, to the evk, with wires.
This is working with the evk, very well, the memory respond to the READID command in a correct manner.

Using the NXP-MCUBoot Utility, connected by usb port, I can download the .axf file image to my custom board, without any problem or warning.
The board starts well, and the lpuart communication is working, but the lpspi4 communication with the spi-nor not.
I'm using the same connection like I did in the evk, the test over the physical pcb connections is ok, the pcb circuit is ok.

Using debuggers to see the internal registers of the MCU, I reallized that almost all of them are not configurated like I did in the MCUExpresso with the Evk.
the CCR and others registers of the lpspi4 interface have different values.

my doubt is, why are the register content different if I'm using the original .axf file? (just in case, I tried with .s19 version with the same result).
Maybe the NXP-MCUboot Utility needs to add some part to the original image, so a header or DCD file is needed?
In that case, how can I have the same configuration?

I've used DCD file before, in another project with imxrt1020 mcu, I understand that normally, a DCD file is used because you need that the bootloader initializes some registers and interfaces to start a boot process from sdram, flash, etc.. But in this case everything is already initiated.

Many thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @nicolasmuratore,

As this seems to be an error exclusive to MCU Boot Utility, I would highly recommend you post about this topic on the GitHub Issues page, as the author of this tool will be able to provide you with much better support about this topic. Here's the link: Issues · JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility · GitHub.

BR,
Edwin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @nicolasmuratore,

As this seems to be an error exclusive to MCU Boot Utility, I would highly recommend you post about this topic on the GitHub Issues page, as the author of this tool will be able to provide you with much better support about this topic. Here's the link: Issues · JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility · GitHub.

BR,
Edwin

0 Kudos