Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPUART Transfer empty flag 0 as soon as I try to send something

Jump to solution
ping1
Contributor V

Dear support

I try to use LPUART_WriteBlocking() function to send some data out, but it hand in the status register check - the transfer empty flag in status register TDRE is 0, means full. I have checked the register before calling this function, and it is 1, not as soon as I call it, it hangs there forever, before this it is able to receive something, and it is the first time I call the function, could you help please?

Regards!

Ping

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ping1 ,

When the transmit FIFO is enabled, TDRE is set when the number of datawords in the transmit FIFO is
equal to or less than the number indicated by WATER[TXWATER]. It is controlled by hardware of course.  If it is always 0, that means the data in FIFO isn't sent. Can you see something on TX line?

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ping1 ,

Please refer to the lpuart_interrupt demo in SDK. It use LPUART_WriteBlocking()  too.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
ping1
Contributor V

Thanks for reply, Jing

Just wonder why it is blocked by the status flag - is it caused by hardware?

Ping

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ping1 ,

When the transmit FIFO is enabled, TDRE is set when the number of datawords in the transmit FIFO is
equal to or less than the number indicated by WATER[TXWATER]. It is controlled by hardware of course.  If it is always 0, that means the data in FIFO isn't sent. Can you see something on TX line?

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos