Is it possible to mount a Quad SPI NOR Flash to U21 of MIMXRT1170-EVK ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to mount a Quad SPI NOR Flash to U21 of MIMXRT1170-EVK ?

Jump to solution
ksugai
Contributor II

According to the schematic file "SPF-32171_C3.pdf" of page 12 for MIMXRT1170-EVK, there are two Flash memories U21 and U23 connected to the FlexSPI1.

U21: MX25UM51345GXDI00 (1.8V 512Mb Octal NOR Flash)

U23: IS25WP128-JBLE (1.8V 128Mb Quad SPI NOR Flash)

It seems that U23 is connected to the i.MX RT1176 in the factory default state. 

Is it possible to remove the Octal NOR Flash from the U21 and mount a Quad SPI NOR Flash in its place ?

I will mount unmounted resistors for U21 (R1887 / R381 / R378 / R382 / R389 / R402 / R377 / R388 / R391) and remove mounted resistors for U23 (R380 / R399 / R386 / R390 / R392 / R385). And also, FlexSPI_B_D [0:3] connected to U21 is usually NC (unused terminal) in Quad SPI NOR, so I think it doesn't matter whether it is connected or not.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Is it possible to remove the Octal NOR Flash from the U21 and mount a Quad SPI NOR Flash in its place?
-- Yes, it's possible.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Is it possible to remove the Octal NOR Flash from the U21 and mount a Quad SPI NOR Flash in its place?
-- Yes, it's possible.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
ksugai
Contributor II

I got it. Thank you so much.

0 Kudos