Interchangeable between i.MX RT106S and RT106A for AVS application.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interchangeable between i.MX RT106S and RT106A for AVS application.

Jump to solution
Rivers
Contributor I

Hi NXP Support,

We would like to check whether the i.MX RT106A can also be replaced by the RT106S for the AVS application or not?

Because in the presentation it seems they are equipped with the same audio front-end HW for far-field audio capture required for AVS, additionally the RT106S has a PC-based modeling tool for local voice commands and as per discussion through opening the case directly with NXP technical support they have stated that it can be used interchangeably for the AVS application.

So if we buy the SLN-LOCAL2-IOT instead of SLN-ALEXA-IOT to develop the AVS device, will the AVS software license library also come with the RT106S Devkit or not?

Thanks you & Best regards.

Rivers.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Rivers 

If you need to use the Alexa application, you need to use the RT106A, as just RT106A pass the related verfication, and the related SDK lib also check the chip ID to limit it. You can't use the RT106S or the SLN-LOCAL2-IOT, you need to use the SLN-ALEXA-IOT board.

Wish it helps you!

Kerry

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Rivers 

If you need to use the Alexa application, you need to use the RT106A, as just RT106A pass the related verfication, and the related SDK lib also check the chip ID to limit it. You can't use the RT106S or the SLN-LOCAL2-IOT, you need to use the SLN-ALEXA-IOT board.

Wish it helps you!

Kerry