cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT1064 HyperRAM Configuration Issue

Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Hi Dear Authorized,

I am trying to configure and use HyperRAM over FlexSPI in my custom board which includes RT1064 and 6KS512SDABHV030.

I am using evkimxrt1064_flexspi_hyper_flash_polling_transfer SDK example by applying Mount and DNP required pin in the readme.txt.

But the example returns 7001 status code after "flexspi_nor_hyperbus_read_cfi" function. I can't get the issue.

I followed up and applied official direction in below document:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/nxp/application-notes/AN12239.pdf

One things that makes me suspicious is below image. 

Lukas_Frank_0-1700572070023.png

According to above image which is a part of AN12239 doc, some of the Hyperrams are failed. Why? Is there possible to same issue happened for 6KS512SDABHV030. Or is there something that I miss during configuration?

What is the problem related with? Could you please help me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Dear @kerryzhou@Pavel_Hernandez , @Omar_Anguiano 

There are some missing points for using HyperRAM with FlexSPI on RT1064. This example code and application note is not enough.

How should I design LUT?

How should I refer to the differences between 1050 and 1064 ?

I tried to configure my own example by using reference 1050 code by building it on flexspi_hyper_flash_polling_transfer SDK example. But it is not successfull.

Is there a deterministic guide?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The LUT should be designed according to the specific commands from the memory datasheet. Here are some examples were customers modified the LUT table to work with the custom device.
Read Id using flex SPI on QPI mode - NXP Community

How to Enable Debugging for FLEXSPI NOR Flash (nxp.com) Chapter 5.4.1.1

There should not be significant changes from RT1050 to RT1064 since the FlexSPI is very similar.

Some HyperRAM devices, such as 7KS0641DPHI02, seem to have an issue in the test. The failed devices enter a hard fault when enabling read prefetch of FlexSPI. When there is a prefetch abort in the middle of command/address cycle, these failed devices seem to have an issue. To avoid the issue, prevent the prefetch abort during command/address cycle. The prevention is hard to implement for FlexSPI. Therefore, it is not recommended to use these failed HyperRAM on i.MX RT series.

Best regards,
Omar

Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Dear @Omar_Anguiano ,

Thank you so much for your help. Could you please correct me if I have any miss understanding?

I can use HyperRAM in my custom board by configuring LUT according the memory datasheet? Also, it is enough to use "evkmimxrt1064_flexspi_hyper_flash_polling_transfer" sdk example as base for HyperRAM. I only will configure LUT and things going on.

I also examine the first link you shared. The memory which is used by that people have some specific commands to configure LUT commands. It has a instruction set table like below, but I am using S27KS0641DPBHV020 and it has not a Instruction Set Table. I am curios about whether the LUT Instruction like Read Status (0x05), Write Enable (0x05), Erase Sector (0x20) and etc. are universal codes or not ? I get this values from default SDK example of evkmimxrt1064_flexspi_hyper_flash_polling_transfer.

Lukas_Frank_0-1701070365351.png

Thanks and Regards.

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

LUT instruction may vary depending on the memory. I cannot assure you that instructions like Read Status (0x05), Write Enable (0x05), and Erase Sector (0x20) will be available on all memories under the same index. 

0 Kudos