cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT1064 4MB internal flash and physical pins

akift
Contributor I

Hi,

I couldn't find a clear information that if we want to use 4MB internal flash memory (internal quad flash(W25Q32JV)) that interfere with any physical pins or not.

The SDK example (evkmimxrt1064_flexspi_nor_internal_polling_transfer) doesn't have a pin muxing.

But, in the readme file there is a note:

Note: 
1, this example do erase/program/read operations in internal quad flash(W25Q32JV) and its image also loads to internal flash(W25Q32JV) for flash target.
2, internal flash pin connection like below:
DQS   <---> GPIO_SPI_B1_00
CS    <---> GPIO_SPI_B1_06
CLK   <---> GPIO_SPI_B0_08
IO0   <---> GPIO_SPI_B0_02
IO1   <---> GPIO_SPI_B1_03
IO2   <---> GPIO_SPI_B1_02
IO3   <---> GPIO_SPI_B0_10
RESET <---> GPIO_SPI_B0_13
GND2  <---> VSS
VCC   <---> NVCC_GPIO
GND   <---> VSS

So if I look in the reference manual (page 278) these pins are connected to GPIO10.

akift_0-1711196580831.png

The MCU in the IMXRT1064EVK (MIMXRT1064DVL6A - BGA 196 package) doesn't have GPIO10 on the physical pins.

So I assume using the internal flash doesn't interfere with any other peripherals and interfaces. Is that correct?

Does IMXRT1064 4MB internal flash has a connection with a physical pin of the MCU internally?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @akift ,

Thank you for your interest in the NXP MIMXRT product, I would like to provide service for you.

Answer your questions:

1. So I assume using the internal flash doesn't interfere with any other peripherals and interfaces. Is that correct?

=>Answer: you are right, the internal flash interface is 

GPIO_SPI_xx_xx

These signals are the internal signal, not fan out.

2. Does IMXRT1064 4MB internal flash has a connection with a physical pin of the MCU internally?

=>Answer: not external pin, all are the internal pin.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Kerry

0 Kudos

akift
Contributor I

Hi @kerryzhou,

Thank you for the information.

But I am having a bus fault and I couldn't find the issue. I have moved the original example from baremetal to freertos and I have removed all my other tasks in the project.

akift_0-1711491038252.png

Even the BOARD_ReconfigFlexSpiRxBuffer() function is commented out the bus fault is happening.

So the project only have internal nor flexspi should work but it is not working,

Could you have a look and give your opinion?, feel free to debug on i.MX-RT1064 EVK. The project is attached to this post.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @akift ,

Your board is your customer board with the RT1064, not the NXP MIMXRT1064-EVK board, right?

If your own board, what's the debugger you are using now?

Do you test the RAM project at first, eg, you test this demo:

SDK_2_15_000_EVK-MIMXRT1064\boards\evkmimxrt1064\demo_apps\led_blinky

kerryzhou_0-1711510149173.png

Please run the simple code in RAM at first, whether that works OK?

If it works OK, then deselect the Link application to RAM, and test it again whether you can download to the internal flash or not?

The default code is downloaded to the internal flashloader.

Wish it helps you!

Any updated information, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

akift
Contributor I

Hi @kerryzhou,

I am using our custom board (with MCU LINK PRO's SWD connection) and also NXP MIMXRT1064-EVK board. I always do the test on MIMXRT1064-EVK before post on the forum for to be ensure about the issue and it make it easy for you(an NXP engineer) to reproduce the issue.

I use MIMXRT1064-EVK and SDK V2.14.0

I have tried led_blinky project with flashing to RAM as you suggested and it works. 

Also SDK's example evkmimxrt1064_flexspi_nor_internal_polling_transfer is working on my custom board and MIMXRT1064-EVK. Please see the output:

akift_0-1711534698367.png

But when I port evkmimxrt1064_flexspi_nor_internal_polling_transfer to a freeRTOS project. I get the bus fault. I've attached the project( freertos version of evkmimxrt1064_flexspi_nor_internal_polling_transfer) to my previous post. Feel free to download and check please.

Could you assist if any additional configuration needs to make it work? Thanks

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @akift ,

So sorry for my later reply! Really a lot of cases in the queue, a little overflow.

To your mentioned freertos+ evkmimxrt1064_flexspi_nor_internal_polling_transfer meet issues, when you port the project, do you put the flexspi flash operation code to the internal RAM, just like the evkmimxrt1064_flexspi_nor_internal_polling_transfer project, this is very important, as the QSPI flash can't support RWW, so when you do the XIP, you need to copy the flash operation code to the internal RAM.

I mean the linker file should like this:

kerryzhou_0-1711938699901.png

You can try it on your side.

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos