cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX RT1020 + HyperFlash

arimendes
Contributor III

Hi,

I would like to know if a board with the I.MX RT1020 and a HyperFlash. Will be possible to download the code directly from jtag to the HyperFlash and also be able to debug the code, In the same way as with a microcontroller with internal flash memory.

Ari.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ari

I.MX RT1020 has similar characteristics as RT1050 and one can look

AN12107 How to Enable Boot from HyperFlash and SD Card
sect.3.3. OpenSDA Drag/Drop and boot from HyperFlash
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12107.pdf

and other application notes and mcuxpresso blog on

i.MX RT1050 crossover processor| Arm Cortex-M7|NXP 

MCUXpresso IDE V10.1.0 with i.MX RT1052 Crossover Processor | MCU on Eclipse 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

arimendes
Contributor III

Igor,

Erich's blog was very informative, and it confirms that is possible to download and debug the code directly from jtag to the external flash. But he comment the issue:

"I was not able to debug my board, probably because the bootROM was confused by some wrong values in the external Hyperflash at address 0x6000’0000. To solve that problem, erase the FLASH memory. With the MCUXpresso IDE, either the onBoard DAPLink with CMSIS-DAP or the NXP LPC-Link2 Debug probe on connector J21 has to be used (the P&E or Segger probes won’t help here)."

So, the external flash mass erase procedure should be done before each code download? This would make the development process too much slow and boring.

And the Jlink can't be used to download and erase the external flash?

Ari.

0 Kudos