I.MX RT 10xx Flashloader

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX RT 10xx Flashloader

sean4
Contributor II

I have a question about  flashloader for I.MX RT 1050 EVK. As below I use UART to write flashloader.bin and ivt_flashloader.bin, both successful, but I can not jump address via UART as below. If I use USB-HID everything work fine. any one can help me?

pastedImage_1.png

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

robertcox
Contributor I

Hi Sean Lin, did you ever solve this and get the flashloader working over uart? I'm having the exact same problem, with it working over USB-HID but not over the uart.

thanks,

Bobcat

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Robert Cox

Do you enter the serial download mode?

Do you try the MCUBootUtility tool on your side? Please also check your hardware, wether your UART is connected to these pins:

pastedImage_1.png

If you are using the official board, please tell me the detail board EVK name.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

robertcox
Contributor I

Hi Kerry, I'm following the example in AN12238 using MIMXRT1050-EVKB

When I use the USB-HID port and enter the commands as described in section 4.2.1 everything proceeds smoothly, and I get the expected responses.

When I use the UART port and enter the commands, substituting "-p COMn" instead of "-u ..." I'm able to get a response from the sdphost command, and download the file OK, but exactly like the original post (see image above) I receive the same error message 

>sdphost -p COM4 -- error-status
Status (HAB mode) = 1450735702 (0x56787856) HAB disabled.
Reponse Status = 4042322160 (0xf0f0f0f0) HAB Success.

>sdphost.exe -p COM4 -- write-file 0x20000000 "..\..\Mfgtools-rel\Profiles\MXRT105X\OS Firmware\ivt_flashloader.bin"
Preparing to send 90039 (0x15fb7) bytes to the target.
(1/1)1%Status (HAB mode) = 1450735702 (0x56787856) HAB disabled.
Reponse Status = 2290649224 (0x88888888) Write File complete.

>sdphost.exe -p COM4 -- jump-address 0x20000400
getStatusResponse.readPacket error 5.
Status (HAB mode) = 10004 (0x2714) No response from device.

BUT, since posting my query I decided to proceed with the next step in the AN12238 anyway, and it appears to work (over both COM and USB) despite the error message in the jump-address command. So I have no issue to resolve.

>blhost.exe -V -p COM4 -- get-property 1
Ping responded in 1 attempt(s)
Framing protocol version = 0x50010200, options = 0x0
Inject command 'get-property'
Successful response to command 'get-property(current-version)'
- took 0.007 seconds
Response status = 0 (0x0) Success.
Response word 1 = 1258422528 (0x4b020100)
Current Version = K2.1.0

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Robert Cox,

Thanks so much for your updated information.

So, the UART download also works on your side.

About the UART code download, or include the HAB function, I suggest you use the NXP MCUBootUtility, which I already shared the link in the floor 2, that tool will help you download the code to the memory through the UART, you even don't need to know the detail sdphost operation.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sean Lin,

1. Please check the on board COM jumper is connected, J30 and J31.

2.    Could you please try the MCUbootUtility tool with UART on your side again?

https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility/releases/tag/v2.0.0

The related user manual link:

GitHub - JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility: A one-stop boot utility tool based on Python2.7+wxPython4.0, it... 

Whether this tool works OK or not with the UART interface?

Any updated information, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos