cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to test MIMXRT685-EVK Serial Boot

Jump to solution
lorv
Contributor III

I would like to test the master boot serial mode on an RT685. I have the MIMXRT685-EVK.

In the end I would like to have two RT685, one with a flash connected which boots then the other one via serial boot. For now I just want to test the serial boot though.

I assume if I link the software to be executable from RAM the resulting image file should be bootable via serial boot. If not, what else needs to be done in order to get a suitable image?

From the user manual I take that there are commands that are needed for the serial boot. Namely get_property, set_property and write_memory.

Is there a tool that NXP provides to do a serial boot from a host PC or do I have to implement this myself? If there is no tool, where do I find the documentation about those commands? I was not able to find anything.

Thanks for any help on this!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lorv
Contributor III

Thanks Miguel,

the blhost tool works to test this.

As for my other question, linking the application to RAM is sufficient to get a suitable image for this test, I tested it with the blhost tool.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @lorv 

These commands are for the blhost tool, this user guide will provide you more information of how to use it.

blhost User's Guide

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos
lorv
Contributor III

Thanks Miguel,

the blhost tool works to test this.

As for my other question, linking the application to RAM is sufficient to get a suitable image for this test, I tested it with the blhost tool.

0 Kudos