How to setup Wi-Fi Direct (p2p) in RT1170-EVK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup Wi-Fi Direct (p2p) in RT1170-EVK

IronsmithWu
Contributor II

I want to use RT1170-EVK together with IW612 or 88W8987 to setup Wi-Fi Direct communication with my Android phone. 

Does the MCUXpresso_SDK_WLAN_Driver support Wi-Fi Direct?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

ramprakash09
Contributor II

Hi,

It is important to note that the support for Wi-Fi Direct (or peer-to-peer) communication is dependent on the specific Wi-Fi module you are using. In this case, both the IW612 and 88W8987 modules do support Wi-Fi Direct.

Regards

0 Kudos

IronsmithWu
Contributor II

Thanks a lot.

I want to use 88W8987 with i.MX RT1170, so I download the SDK: SDK_2_14_0_MIMXRT1170-EVK.

I read the document: MCUXpresson_SDK_WLAN_Driver_Reference_Manual.pdf, and I also check the example: MIMXRT1170-EVK-wifi_cli_cm7, But I can NOT find enough information about how to setup wifi direct communication.

Is there any documents or examples?

0 Kudos

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you in advance for contacting NXP support.

As this was mentioned before Wi-Fi Direct is supported by the 88W8987 (this could also vary depending on the module maker), but this feature is not supported on the RT1170 neither the SDK support this feature.

The list of the supported features on the SDK is located on the SDK documentation docs->wireless-> Release notes.

Please let me know if there is anything else where I can help you.

0 Kudos

IronsmithWu
Contributor II

Thanks for your information. I am so sad to hear that, it means I have to change my design.

0 Kudos