How to put MicroPython on Smart Voice Board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to put MicroPython on Smart Voice Board?

Jump to solution
AndryckSant
Contributor II

Hello community. I would like to know how can I put the MicroPython firmware on the smart voice board (sln-svui-iot). I can't find any further information of how to stablish the serial communication to install the micropython on the board.

The board's MCU is an RT1060

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks for your feedback!

The SLN-SVUI-IOT also supports firmware download via USB or UART, which requires the board to be placed in serial download mode.(Move jumper J61 to connect pin 2 and pin 3)

Best regards,

Gavin

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Is this what you are looking for? 

Getting started with MicroPython on the i.MXRT — MicroPython latest documentation

Best regards,

Gavin

AndryckSant
Contributor II

No Ihave already read this site informations.

Now I'm actually looking for some information about how to put this micropython on this board: https://www.nxp.com/design/design-center/designs/edgeready-i-mx-rt106v-based-smart-voice-user-interf...

This Has many differences if its datasheet is compared to the i.MXRT1060 devboard datasheet

0 Kudos
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @AndryckSant ,

Sorry for the late reply. In the meantime I've made an internal confirmation that there is no official support for porting MicroPython to the Smart Voice Board. There are differences in porting MicroPython for different boards. There are only this link and this AN for reference.

Best regards,
Gavin

AndryckSant
Contributor II

Thanks. These materials will be useful.

I also would like to ask if you that this board can only have its firmware programmed by JTAG or I can also use the USB-C port.

Kind regards,

Andryck

0 Kudos
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks for your feedback!

The SLN-SVUI-IOT also supports firmware download via USB or UART, which requires the board to be placed in serial download mode.(Move jumper J61 to connect pin 2 and pin 3)

Best regards,

Gavin

AndryckSant
Contributor II

Thanks, Gavin!

I had put my board on serial download mode, but my keil uVision 5 debugger is not finding the board's information. I don't know if this board needs any debugger configuration. Do you know something that can help?

I'm also using the USB-C cable to download the firmware.

Kind regards,

Andryck

0 Kudos
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @AndryckSant ,

Generally Serial Download Mode is used for updating firmware, I'm not sure how this currently works but would suggest trying the code written directly into RAM to run it. If that works, then make a bin file and download it to the board via NXPMCUUtility. Also, according to the User Guide, it is possible to update the app using the USB MSD method. ;

Because this ticket has been updated for so long, we expect to try to keep one topic per THREAD, and if there are new questions feel free to create new threads to discuss them. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Best regards,
Gavin

0 Kudos