Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug on CSI receiver side in IMX RT1170 to stream a custom camera

Jump to solution
Ragnar
Contributor III

Hi NXP,

I was trying to stream a custom camera which has an ISP using RT1170 as a part of that I was able to do the following:

1. Able to read and write to the camera using I2c.

2. The camera is initializing and sending the test pattern frames (Confirmed it by reading the frame count        register in the ISP).

The problem is:

From camera side I was able to debug the faults related to it. By reading its fault registers.

But I was unable to debug on the CSI2 receiver side in the board.

I have followed the AN13573 and Tried to debug it. But when I tried to read the MIPI status register its always giving "0" as shown below.

MIPI_Err PPI_ERRSOT_HS =0,
  MIPI_Err PPI_ERRSOTSYNC_HS =0,
  MIPI_Err PPI_ERRESC =0,
  MIPI_Err PPI_ERRSYNCESC =0,
  MIPI_Err PPI_ERRCONTROL =0,
  MIPI_Err IRQ_STATUS =0,
  MIPI_Err BIT_ERR =0,

I was unable to proceed further with this. Do we have any anyway to check whether we are getting frame buffers on MIPI CSI receiver side. Could anyone be able to help me regarding this problem?

Thanks & Regards,

Ragnar.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ragnar
Contributor III

Hi @EdwinHz ,

Thanks for asking, Yes I'm following the SDK example csi_mipi_rgb_cm7 and after going through the Reference manual now I was able to debug it.

Thanks & regards,

Ragnar.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Ragnar,

Sorry for the late reply.

Are you still experiencing this issue? Are you following the SDK's example codes for CSI? (i.e. csi_mipi_rgb_cm7). Also what SDK version are you using?

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos
Ragnar
Contributor III

Hi @EdwinHz ,

Thanks for asking, Yes I'm following the SDK example csi_mipi_rgb_cm7 and after going through the Reference manual now I was able to debug it.

Thanks & regards,

Ragnar.

0 Kudos