cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexSPI Nor Flash Init Error with new SDK 15.0.0

SpeedyGonzalesss
Contributor III

Hello,

I am using i.MX RT1170 and MCUXpresso.I updated a project running on previous versions to the new SDK version (SDK 15.0.0). There have been changes in many files with this version. One of these is the evkmimxrt1170_flexspi_nor_config.c file. If I restore this file to its previous version, the code works without any problems. But new version dont work.

LEFT               /           RIGHT

New Version         /        Old Version

SpeedyGonzalesss_0-1711543740398.png

SpeedyGonzalesss_1-1711544181801.png

There are two critical changes. One of this,green code block is added. Second, FLASH_DUMMY_CYCLES value increased from 0x06 to 0x09. If I revert these changes the code works. 

What do these changes do? Why doesn't the green block work without commenting and changing the 0x09 variable back to 0x09? What should I do?

Best Regards,

Speedy

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @SpeedyGonzalesss ,

Hope you are doing well!

This change is due to the enabling of configCmdEnable  during initialization, the ROM BootLoader performs a series of configuration commands, and so the required Dummy Cycle has changed accordingly in version 2.15.000. The new version of the code provides better scalability.

When ROM runs the commands set by “configCmdEnable, configModeType and configCmdSeqs” items, ROM will load the corresponding LUT sequence from global variable to the second sequence of LUT register(LUT1) again and again. As a result, the content of LUT1 is always the sequence of LUT of last executed command. Using this method is to avoid the unexpected call to the other LUT registers to damage the nor flash during ROM accessing FlexSPI nor flash.

Best regards,
Gavin

0 Kudos