Errors when running the i.MX Bluetooth Demo Examples

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors when running the i.MX Bluetooth Demo Examples

ofirmsh
Contributor I

I'm doing a bring-up for the MIMXRT1170-EVK using the provided examples in its SDK v2.13.1 and running into errors specifically in the bluetooth examples.

I am using the Murata 1ZM M.2 WiFi & Bluetooth combo module that plugs directly into the M2 connector on the evaluation kit, so as far as I can gather there is no additional wiring required. I also checked for loose connections multiple times.

I am following the documentation (UM11441 and UM11442) for wireless modules and set up the examples as instructed, i.e defined the correct module in source/app_config.h and set the correct jumpers.

The WiFi examples are working as expected, however for the Bluetooth examples the board errors with the following (taken from the peripheral_ht example):

[wifi_io] Error: Error in wlan_card_status()
[wifi_io] Error: Card timeout wlan_download_normal_fw:109
ASSERT ERROR " WM_SUCCESS == result ": file "controller_wifi_nxp.c" Line "81" function name "controller_init"

Is there anything that I might have missed?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

cdoumenc
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Also, as mentioned in UM11442 chap "5 Bluetooth Classic/Low Energy Applications", did you follow doc "SDK_2_13_1_MIMXRT1170-EVK\docs\wireless\Bluetooth\Edgefast_bluetooth\Hardware Rework Guide for EdgeFast BT PAL.pdf"  at chap "14 Hardware Rework Guide for MIMXRT1170-EVK with Direct Murata M.2 Module" to make HW rework on MIMXRT1170-EVK ?

cdoumenc
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Is there a reason explaining why you are using SDK 2.13.1 instead of latest 2.14 ?

0 Kudos

cdoumenc
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As mentioned in UM11441 table 23, do you confirm that you patched ...\MCUXpressoIDE_11.8.0_1165\workspace\evkmimxrt1170_peripheral_ht\source\app_config.h so that the only defined macro is WIFI_88W8987_BOARD_MURATA_1ZM_M2 ?

0 Kudos