cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't debug MIMXRT685-EVK anymore.

Jump to solution
adambujak
Contributor I

It seemingly crapped out in between debug sessions, I simply can't connect anymore. 

When I try to debug through MCUXpresso as detailed in the getting started guide, a window pops up saying a problem occurred:

Error message from debugger back end:
localhost:2331: Operation timed out.
localhost:2331: Operation timed out.

When I try to connect with JLinkExe, (SWD @4000kHz) I get the following output: 

Connecting to target via SWD
InitTarget() start
ERROR: Wrong DM-AP IDCODE detected: 0xFFFFFFFF
InitTarget() end
InitTarget() start
ROM entered ISP command handling loop. Re-enable the debug access.

This happens both through J5 and the SWD Port J2. 

I've tried to restart my computer, unplug the EVK, power off everything, power everything back on. Tried multiple sample projects. And re-run the LPCscrypt program_JLINK. 

Any ideas?

UPDATE: 

I've now gotten a second board stuck in this state after trying to debug my software, so it seems like something in my latest code is messing something up

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
adambujak
Contributor I

Hi, 

Thanks for the response. Like I said in my original post I did use the LPCScrypt and I tried connecting using JLink commander but I couldn't. 

My issue was I didn't connect a clock to a CTIMER. I resolved it by setting DIP switch 3 on the RT685 to off, flashing a blank firmware, then turning it back on, and flashing the corrected firmware. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
dave_MU
Contributor I

This is most helpful.  I just recently ran into this issue.  It turns out the download page for LPCScript isn't sorted by revision number so I was downloading version 1.8.0 thinking the top was the latest.  No, I didn't read the top of the page with v2.1.2 (blushing)!

0 Kudos
razor7788
Contributor I

i also got error like you, and i reinstall LPCScrypt_2.1.1_15-win and reflash Jlink firmware ,then it was OK.  Before i used LPCSCRYPT-WINDOWS-INSTALLER-1-8-2 and it's too old.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi adambujak,

In fact, the MIMXRT685-EVK on board debugger also can support the JLINK firmware, you just need to use the LPCScrypt:

www.nxp.com/lpcscrypt

You also can try the onboard JLINK, can you use the JLINK commander to find the ARM core?

this is my test result:

image.png

If you can find the ARM core, then you can erase the external memory, and use the IDE to debug it again.

Please also note, when you use the LPCSCrypt, you need to update the lpc-link2 firmware

https://www.segger.com/products/debug-probes/j-link/models/other-j-links/lpc-link-2/

JLink commander can be found in the Segger JLINK driver.

Please try it at first.

If you still have questions, just kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
adambujak
Contributor I

Hi, 

Thanks for the response. Like I said in my original post I did use the LPCScrypt and I tried connecting using JLink commander but I couldn't. 

My issue was I didn't connect a clock to a CTIMER. I resolved it by setting DIP switch 3 on the RT685 to off, flashing a blank firmware, then turning it back on, and flashing the corrected firmware. 

katrinayang
Contributor I
Hi,

Could you share how exactly you resolved this? How do you set DIP switch 3?

What is DIP?

Thanks!

0 Kudos