Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN Reception and transmission

Jump to solution
sandeepc
Contributor IV

hi,

For our application we are using CAN ISO 15765-2, to transmit and receive huge data ,

So ISO 15765-2 says that CAN ID is dependent on SOURCE AND TARGET address as below image frame format.

sandeepc_0-1715955983743.png

Since addressing ISO 15765-2 format Both transmitter and receiver CAN ID will be the same.

ECU CAN ID:0x08DA01F1

PC CAN ID:0x08DA01F1

I tried with above ID's loopback is happening, so due to this i am not able to receive data ecu to pc, how to overcome this scenario

can we send and receive with a same CAN ID? If yes how ?

@kerryzhou @diego_charles 

Regards,

Sandeep C

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sandeepc
Contributor IV

Thank you,
I found solution, it was problem with some blocking delay, address mapping issue.

it resolved

Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sam_Gao
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  @sandeepc 

Thanks for your questions, I tried to understanding from my side, please correct me if something wrong.

There is confusion about the connection between the CAN ISO 15765-2 standard and the following issues(loopback),  acutlly the CAN of MCU (RT product name?) can work in loopback mode and only MCU send and recevie by itself, so no any data will be received from PC.

Would you please help give some block diagram to show how they are working? Thansk in advance.

Have a nice day!

Sam

0 Kudos
sandeepc
Contributor IV

Thank you,
I found solution, it was problem with some blocking delay, address mapping issue.

it resolved

Thank you

0 Kudos
Sam_Gao
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Great to here that!
0 Kudos