Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time() function holds on software breakpoint

Jump to solution
Freddy_
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm using a MIMXRT1170 EVK Board and a Segger JLINK debugger. I've imported some COTS code that makes use of the time() function. 

The issue is that the software holds during the execution of the time() function on some software breakpoint (bkpt 0xAB).

My question is how does the time() function actually gets the time ? Why does the software hold on that breakpoint ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Freddy_,

I wouldn't be able to tell you with certainty how the time() function works, as it is not part of the API functions we provide on our SDK. Further inspections would have to be done on the code you imported, but I would expect it to use the RTC module. As to why the software holds on that breakpoint, it would depend on the implementation of the code that you are using.

BR,
Edwin.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Freddy_,

I wouldn't be able to tell you with certainty how the time() function works, as it is not part of the API functions we provide on our SDK. Further inspections would have to be done on the code you imported, but I would expect it to use the RTC module. As to why the software holds on that breakpoint, it would depend on the implementation of the code that you are using.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos
Freddy_
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you for you answer.

Freddy

0 Kudos