iMX RT1170 isn't detected in debug probes

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX RT1170 isn't detected in debug probes

jpeng
Contributor I

I have an i.MX RT 1170 and am trying to build and debug an example project from the SDK. 

The projects build without error but when I go to debug it I am told

"No compatible probes available. They may be disabled, disconnected, not powered, already in use or not compatible with this target"

How can I get the probe to show up in discovery?

I am using MCUXpresso for Linux

0 Kudos
5 Replies

jpeng
Contributor I

Hello,

I am using ssh to connect remotely to an Ubuntu 20.04LTS machine with an iMX RT1170. I am using X11 window forwarding to use MCUXpresso IDE to debug the board. This machine does not use virtual Linux.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I think you misunderstand my previous reply, I know you use ssh to log in to the Ubuntu remotely from the Win11, however, I have no idea about the "forwarding to use MCUXpresso IDE to debug the board", as I don't know which OS the MCUXpresso IDE installed on, so I need you to illustrate the steps in details
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
To be honest, I'm no experience with that, however, I was wondering if you can introduce how to setup up the remote debug, then I can try to replicate the phenomenon on my side.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

jpeng
Contributor I

Hello,

I am using ssh with X11 window forwarding to connect to a machine running Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS. I am running MCUXPresso IDE v11.6.0 through the executable in the default installation path. I have downloaded the sdk for the board and am trying to build and debug an example project in the sdk.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
I was wondering if you can introduce your testing environment, such as the board, debug tool, etc.
Further, do you use virtual Linux for testing?
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos