i.MX RT1160 gets stuck on adress 0x223104 when debugging

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX RT1160 gets stuck on adress 0x223104 when debugging

CWRB
Contributor II

I am working on a custom PCB, which uses the i.MX XRT1160 MCU. The board uses the IS25LP032 serial flash memory. I have been able to flash the device without issues, but when I try debugging, it seems to get stuck in an infinite loop.

When suspending the debug session, the program breaks at the address 0x223104, with the message: "Break at address "0x223104" with no debug information available, or outside of program code." When I use the "step over" function, I get the error message "Cannot find bounds of current function". I have attached screenshots of the error message and break message. 

The project uses both cores using the multicore manager, where cm7 is set as the master and cm4 is set as the slave.

I think the issue has something to do with the serial flash memory I use, but I find it strange the problem only occurs while debugging. 

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

CWRB

0 Kudos
8 Replies

jay_heng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It is the reason for address 0x223104

揭秘i.MXRT1170上用J-Link连接复位后PC总是停在0x223104的原因

If you don't debug the project, can the code in flash boot properly after power-on?

0 Kudos

CWRB
Contributor II

Yes, it boots properly when not debugging. Only when debugging the problem occurs.

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @CWRB ,

Have you set the board to internal boot mode when debug?

Can you download a led_blinky example to flash and let led blink? How do you download image?

Regards,

Jing

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

CWRB
Contributor II

Thank you for your response.

Both the cm4 and cm7 blinky examples that are provided flash and debug without issues. I used the same memory settings I used for my project for both cores.

The blinky examples don't make use of the multicore manager, so maybe that has something to do with the issue. 

About setting the board to internal boot. Are there separate settings for flashing the board and using the debugger? If so, where could I find them?

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @CWRB ,

Can you share the debug circuit of the customer board? And what flash do you use, how you connect with it?

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @CWRB ,

You can set it to internal boot mode by SW1. Please refer to the getting start document of RT1160-EVK.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

CWRB
Contributor II

Hi @jingpan,

I am working with a custom board and not the EVK so I don't have access to SW1. The appropriate pins have been set to internal boot mode so that should not be the problem. 

I have an EVK available here, and I can debug my code on the EVK without issues. I want to get it to work on my own hardware though, as it also connects to some peripherals.

0 Kudos

sukyeong
Contributor III
hello, i have a same problem
did you solve that isssue?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos