i.MX RT1010 AOI inputs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX RT1010 AOI inputs

astrobuf
Contributor I

I've been trying to understand the i.MX RT1010 on-chip cross triggers system, and I can't fully understand how AOI perpiheral is connected. On this chip, four AOI outputs go to XBAR inputs, but none of the XBAR outputs go to the AOI inputs.

So, what is driving the AOI inputs? I can't seem to find this in the reference manual, so I would really appreciate it if someone pointed out where this is documented.

Peter

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @astrobuf,

Figure 49-1. "On-Chip Cross Trigger Network" shows the connections between AOI and XBAR1 in a nice and visual manner. As you can see, AOI is driven by a diverse set of external modules to the trigger network, like the PIT, FlexPWM or eDMA.

Our i.MX RT1010 SDK sadly does not contain any example for this module, but the RT1020 SDK does. I would highly recommend you to refer to this this example code for your applications. Here are some other recourses that explain the AOI module:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/XBAR-and-AOI-Introduction-and-Demonstration-Video/m-p/1134833

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Kinetis-Microcontrollers/AOI-and-Crossbar-features/ta-p/1104610

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos

astrobuf
Contributor I

Hi Edwin, thanks for your reply.

My inquiry does not relate to the functionality of the cross triggers, but specifically the connectivity of AOI on RT1010.

For RT1010, the reference manual does not map the signals driving the AOI inputs. Figure 49-1 appears to show that the AOI is driven by FlexPWM1, ADC_ETC1, eDMA, and PIT, but it is not specific (or at least I can't find the info). I'm guessing that this is an oversight in the manual.

Suppose that I want to invert the output of the PIT and have that trigger FLEXIO. I just don't have the information necessary to make the connection to the AOI input (AOI output is clear).

However, the connectivity of the AOI seems to be adequately documented for the other RT chips. For example, on RT1020, the AOI inputs are connected to the output of XBAR2 (Table 4-8 of the 1020 ref man.)

I would like similar information on the RT1010.

0 Kudos

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @astrobuf,

I agree that the RT1010 lacks example codes and a more adequate documentation for the AOI module. I will pass this remark internally so that the appropriate additions to the documentation and SDK are be better considered.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos