Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version in IVT Header

Jump to solution
gsbalajikrishnan
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using iMXRT1160,

What does version of IVT header describe and its usage?

gsbalajikrishnan_0-1660209953499.png

Best Regards,

Balajikrishnan.G.S

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @vishnusudhankj ,

Good question!

Your mentioned point is really the unmatched point between the SDK and the SPT tools, which I also report to the SPT tools previously, as you know, SDK updated more frequently to the SPT tool, but don't worry, no matter which version you are using, it is not influenced the app code, you can consider it is just the number, SDK used it to the new version.

About the DCD area, I also report the SPT tool team, as the offset  0x1030 is enough, don't need to locate from  0x1040. SPT tool will generate the IVT by itself with the elftosb. But the SDK, can generate the complete image.

If you want the SPT and the SDK the same data downloaded to the flash, I have a community post which may useful to you, how to reserve the customer FCB:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/RT10xx-image-reserve-the-APP-FCB-methods/ta-p/15...

Don't worry, RT11XX also the same method.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

kerry 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gsbalajikrishnan ,

Please read the RT1160RM, chapter 10.7 Program image at first, you will get the information.

kerryzhou_0-1660270221058.png

About the IVT header, you also can find it from SDK code:

kerryzhou_1-1660270280171.png

This is the IVT header area in the app IMAGE:

kerryzhou_2-1660270394412.png

Normally, to the customer, you don't need to modify this header, just use it is OK, and put it from offset 0X1000.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos
vishnusudhankj
Contributor III

Hi @kerryzhou 

Thanks for your information,

I would like to know few clarity on the IVT Header ,

1. SPT is generating IVT with version 0x40 & MCUXpresso SDK examples has IVT with version 0x41. In this case, why IVT has different versions?

2. Based on the IVT versions, the boot behaviour or any other contents like (BD, DCD or application data) will get modify?

3. Also we have noticed like for IVT version 0x40(SPT) , the DCD address starts from offset 0x1040 & IVT version 0x41(SDK example) , the DCD address starts from 0x1030 for same i.MXRT 1160 platform. why does based on the IVT version , the DCD starts gets differ?

4. Which versions we have to use ? 

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @vishnusudhankj ,

Good question!

Your mentioned point is really the unmatched point between the SDK and the SPT tools, which I also report to the SPT tools previously, as you know, SDK updated more frequently to the SPT tool, but don't worry, no matter which version you are using, it is not influenced the app code, you can consider it is just the number, SDK used it to the new version.

About the DCD area, I also report the SPT tool team, as the offset  0x1030 is enough, don't need to locate from  0x1040. SPT tool will generate the IVT by itself with the elftosb. But the SDK, can generate the complete image.

If you want the SPT and the SDK the same data downloaded to the flash, I have a community post which may useful to you, how to reserve the customer FCB:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/RT10xx-image-reserve-the-APP-FCB-methods/ta-p/15...

Don't worry, RT11XX also the same method.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

kerry 

gsbalajikrishnan
Contributor II

Hello @kerryzhou ,

I am using Secure Provisioning Tool 5.0

I am getting the same offset 0x1040 of DCD while using SPT instead of getting offset 0x1030

I mentioned the IVT table given below

gsbalajikrishnan_0-1668572752457.png

kindly suggest

Thanks & Regards,

Balajikrishnan.G.S

0 Kudos
vishnusudhankj
Contributor III

@kerryzhou 

Thanks for your support

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @vishnusudhankj ,

You are welcome!

If your question is solved, please tell me to mark the correct answer, just to close this case.

Any new issues, welcome to create the new question post, thanks.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos