Using QSPI Flash on imxrt1060 EVKB for booting and Hyper Flash for littleFS or back-up storage

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Using QSPI Flash on imxrt1060 EVKB for booting and Hyper Flash for littleFS or back-up storage

460件の閲覧回数
Sudhakar_21
Contributor II

I want to use QSPI NOR flash for XIP (Execute-in-Place) and Hyper NOR flash for LittleFS storage. Is it possible to implement this with the MIMXRT1060-EVKB? If so, could you share a sample 'Hello World' program using FreeRTOS that demonstrates this configuration?

0 件の賞賛
返信
5 返答(返信)

409件の閲覧回数
Sudhakar_21
Contributor II

Hi @HangZhang ,

Thanks for your time.

Currently, my application code uses the BOARD_FLASH and SRAM_DTC sections. I want to integrate LittleFS with my application, so I leveraged the LittleFS_shell example provided with the SDK and integrated it into my application. The sample code uses BOARD_FLASH as the file system storage, so I moved boot_hdr, ivt, text, data, bss, heap, and stack to BOARD_SDRAM. With that, I'm facing a few issues related to timing.

I have followed this guide to configure the BOARD_SDRAM section: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/I-MX-RT-How-to-boot-to-SDRAM/ta-p/1125054.

Are there any additional configurations required for booting and working with the BOARD_SDRAM region?

0 件の賞賛
返信

377件の閲覧回数
HangZhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

370件の閲覧回数
Sudhakar_21
Contributor II

Hi @HangZhang ,

I have followed the steps mentioned in "I.MX RT - How to boot to SDRAM - NXP Community" and with that, I was able to execute the code. However, while trying to communicate through SDIO, I am facing timing/communication issues.

These issues are not present when using the BOARD_FLASH and SRAM_DTC sections.

I have attached both the working and non-working linker scripts: the working linker script is "flash.ld," and the non-working one is "sdram.ld."

Please let me know if any other clock, write, or read configurations are required for the BOARD_SDRAM section to avoid these issues.

And one more query: Can we use FlexSPI2 as file storage with the default board configuration (QSPI NOR Flash)? Booting from BOARD_FLASH and executing code from SRAM_DTC is working fine. If we can use FlexSPI2 with the default board configuration for file system storage, it would be helpful.

Please share your thoughts on this.

Working linker script is "flash.ld" and "sdram.ld" is non working one

/** Peripheral FLEXSPI2 base address */
#define FLEXSPI2_BASE (0x402A4000u)

/* FlexSPI2 AMBA address. */
#define FlexSPI2_AMBA_BASE (0x70000000U)

0 件の賞賛
返信

250件の閲覧回数
HangZhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Sudhakar_21 

I checked the RT1060 EVKB schematic.

HangZhang_0-1723446681327.png

There is only one FlexSPI.

So how can you use the FlexSPI2?

BR

Hang

0 件の賞賛
返信

420件の閲覧回数
HangZhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Sudhakar_21 

You can check the imxrt1060 EVKB schematic.

HangZhang_0-1722926334429.png

QSPI Flash and Hyper Flash cannot be used simultaneously on the imxrt1060 EVKB.

Hope this will help you.

BR

Hang