Using DCP while running Encrypted XIP with BEE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using DCP while running Encrypted XIP with BEE

natebowen
Contributor I

I currently have a non-encrypted second-stage bootloader that sets up the BEE peripheral with a register-based AES key. This is based on the driver example in SDK 2.11.0. Once the bootloader has set up the BEE, I jump to my AES-CTR encrypted application code. This process works fine.

However, when I attempt to use the DCP in the application code (also based on the driver example from SDK 2.11.0) to perform AES encryption or decryption with an SRAM-based key, my encrypted data is returned as [0x00, 0x00, ...].

If I don't enable the BEE in the bootloader and jump to a non-encrypted version of my application code, the DCP functions as expected.

Is there any reason why the DCP should behave differently if the BEE is running? I have a copy of the RT106XSRM Rev 0, and the DCP and BEE chapters make no mention of each other. Note that I'm not using SW_GP2, here.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

damonb
Contributor III

I'm afraid I'm not using DCP in the application code

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
It seems a bit weird, the DCP should be independent with the BEE, so to be prudent, I was wondering if you can list the steps of testing, as I'd like to replicate the phenomenon you encountered.
Looking forward to your reply.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

natebowen
Contributor I

@damonbI saw you were using the BEE capabilities in your post here. Have you used DCP in your encrypted application code?

0 Kudos