Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timer not working even in free running mode using PEmicro debugger

Jump to solution
Jeevan
Contributor III

Hi team,

I am using imxrt1170 eval board and even our custom board with imxrt1176 controller.

when we connect USB debugging using the usb to micro-b cable the timer code is executing and timer is also working, but when we connect the PE micro-USB debugger to the eval board and debug, even in free running mode (without any breakpoint) also the timer code is not working.

Any pin or functionality affecting the timers of imxrt1170 eval board with the PE micro-USB debugger.

Jeevan_0-1716378852325.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Habib_MS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Jeevan ,

In order for your timer to continue counting in Debug mode, the bit called "DBGEN" in the register called "GPT Control Register (CR)" should be in 1. The purpose of this bit is enabled or disable the timer when the code is in debug mode, as show in the next image that was obtained in the RMHabib_Melchor_Santos_0-1716504825709.png

Also, if you experience any issue, do not hesitate to let me know.

BR

Habib.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Habib_MS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Jeevan ,

In order for your timer to continue counting in Debug mode, the bit called "DBGEN" in the register called "GPT Control Register (CR)" should be in 1. The purpose of this bit is enabled or disable the timer when the code is in debug mode, as show in the next image that was obtained in the RMHabib_Melchor_Santos_0-1716504825709.png

Also, if you experience any issue, do not hesitate to let me know.

BR

Habib.

0 Kudos
Jeevan
Contributor III

Is there any same setting for systick timer also and PIT (programmable interrupt timer) using in debug mode to get enabled.

0 Kudos