RT1170 Custom Board SDRAM Memory Order

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1170 Custom Board SDRAM Memory Order

Wobaffet
Senior Contributor I

We have a problem with our custom board, when we move the BOARD_SDRAM section right after flash, board crashes. We have to do full chip erase in order to program again. But in the below configuration everything seems to working fine. The test code for the sdram from the sdk works but when we move sdram upto the second place nothing works. Also the reason we are trying to move the external ram section into the second place is to configure a frame buffer. Do you have any idea what causes this problem?

Wobaffet_0-1695624000197.png

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Wobaffet
Senior Contributor I

Well, it seems to be about the DCD table. To be able to move the external RAM to the second place in the memory configurations for generated variables and buffers to reside, a DCD table is required. Without a DCD table, our board crashes. We've tried it with the SLN-TLHMI Kit, when we created a custom project without DCD, we were not able to move the external ram into the second position after flash, but with the DCD table taken from the example project. We were able to move the external ram right after flash. 

So We need to create a DCD table for our custom board, what is the best way to do it? Any advice on this matter? Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
I hope you are well.

Since SDRAM is moved to the second place, all data placed on the alias "RAM(SRAM)" will now be placed on SDRAM. It is needed that the SDRAM is initialized by the time this is relocated, this is done through the DCD.
You can create your DCD on config tools referencing the register values from semc example or if SDRAM  is similar to the one on the EVK you can use the DCD from Secure Provisioning Tool.

Omar_Anguiano_0-1696465895600.png

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

Wobaffet
Senior Contributor I

reminder.

0 Kudos

Wobaffet
Senior Contributor I

reminder.

0 Kudos