RT1060: is it possible to use a GPIO as CS pin for SPI in Slave mode?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1060: is it possible to use a GPIO as CS pin for SPI in Slave mode?

rj_eng_01
Contributor I

Hello, 

I recently designed a custom board that will connect to another board using SPI eDMA but there was a small issue in the design where I swapped two pins on the board (Frustrating!). I swapped LPSPI_03 PCS0 pin ( GPIO_AD_B0_03 [G11]) with a GPIO pin ( GPIO_AD_B1_04 [L12]), and before I go through the trouble of ordering new boards which is a costly endeavor. I wanted to know if there were any good alternatives that could potentially fix this hardware issue in software. 

I initially thought that it would be a simple task going through the SPI library and seeing if there was a pin declaration that I could just swap with my pin, but it seems that there is a bit more to it. Is there a way that this could be done? 

I also thought that FLEXIO could be a potential option but saw that the pins are not on the same instance and some don't support FLEXIO.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Habib_MS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @rj_eng_01,

Unfortunately, a workaround for this issue does not exist, this because the module of SPI depends on a specific CS since have certain connections via hardware.

Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

BR,
Habib.

0 Kudos