cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with AVRCP in Edgefast BT and Andorid 14

danix2k-dxc
Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I'm using RT1170 evk board with a 1ZM-M2 Murata module for BT. As BT stack I'm using edgefast BT provided by NXP.

Using the edgefast_bluetooth_shell example on 2.14 SDK I discovered a strange behavior:

• I can connect as avrcp controller to a phone
  • After opening the music player on my phone, I can retrieve track information and similar
  • I try to send play/stop button pressed to my phone and here we have the issue:
    • with Android 11 (on a Xiaomi Mi 9) the command works fine
    • with Android 14 (on a Samsung A53) the command is received but nothing happens on the phone

This behavior happens for each sent command (next track, previous track, etc...): on Android 14 it NEVER works (instead with the same FW it works with Android 11).

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks for your help

6 Replies

danix2k-dxc
Contributor II

I debugged more the edgefast_BT and I saw that it receive from BT_avrcp_al_send_passthrough_cmd_rsp(...) function the following error code: 0x6713.

This code on BT_error.h file refer to: AVRCP_ERR_ID (module) and 0x0013 error that means AVRCP_COMMAND_CONTEXT_ALLOC_FAILED. 

So it seems that I have some memory internal issue on BT stack: how and which parameter I need to increase to not having this type of error?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Could you please help me confirm your WiFi device?

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Hope you are doing well. Could you please help me confirm your EVK version? Did you modify the SDK example?

Best Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos

danix2k-dxc
Contributor II

Hello,

I have a RT1170-EVK https://www.nxp.com/part/MIMXRT1170-EVK#/ (NOT the B version).

I'm using the edgefast_bluetooth stack on our own application but it also happens with evkmimxrt1170_edgefast_bluetooth_shell example on SDK pkg.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you please clarify how are you adding the edgefast_bluetooth stack on your application? As this is not included on this SDK version.

Also, what are the steps you are following to test this scenario?

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos

danix2k-dxc
Contributor II

Hello,

please not focus on how it is integrated on our application because it happens also with SDK example evkmimxrt1170_edgefast_bluetooth_shell.

To reproduce this behavior:

• initialize BT
  • connect to phone with Andorid 14
  • initialize avrcp as controller
  • modify test case for button pressed to send STOP message to phone
  • play music manually from phone
  • check with avrcp test case 19 to check that the music is playing
  • call modified test case that send STOP message to the phone --> here nothing happens (instead with Android 11 the music is stopped - same FW)

Please let me know if you need other info or logs.

Thanks

0 Kudos