Not recieving frames with demo PTP program.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recieving frames with demo PTP program.

wlevans
Contributor I

Hello,

I have an i.MX RT1024 evaluation kit, and I am working on the evkmimxrt1024_enet_txrx_ptp1588_transfer demo program from the SDK with a loopback network cable. I can compile and download the program to the board. When I run the program it shows that the frames are transmitted successfully. However, it does not show that the frames are received.

I've checked the return value from the call to "ENET_GetRxFrameSize", and it returns "errorkStatus_ENET_RxFrameError" for each transmitted frame.

I've attached a copy of my serial output.

Any help I can get to get this working would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

wlevans
Contributor I

I should have stated that I am using MCUXpresso IDE v11.9.0_2144.

0 Kudos

Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @wlevans ,

Thanks for your interest in NXP MIMXRT series!

The demo evkmimxrt1024_enet_txrx_ptp1588_transfer needs a loopback network cable installed.  As described in the ReadMe.md file:

Gavin_Jia_0-1710313843821.png

Hope it helps!

Best regards,
Gavin

0 Kudos

wlevans
Contributor I
Thanks for your reply, but as I stated in my original post I am using a loopback network cable.
0 Kudos

Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @wlevans ,

Thank you for your feedback.
However, this demo should run well if you follow the instructions in the README guide. Our colleague has tested it before, so we doubt that there is a fault with the network cable connection. If it still does not work properly, I can test it on my side for you again. It may take some time next week due to my upcoming holiday.

I suggest you check if the loopback network cable is correctly connected. If you don't want to modify it, you can try another demo instead (lwip demos in SDK: SDK_2_15_000_MIMXRT1024-EVK\boards\evkmimxrt1024\lwip_examples ). It will connect to an external device, and only a regular network cable is needed.
Thank you in advance for your kind patience!

Best regards,
Gavin

0 Kudos

wlevans
Contributor I

Gavin,

Thank you for your assistance. I have resolved the issue. Previously, I had run the evkmimxrt1024_lpspi_loopback demo, and I had left in the SIN to SOUT jumber. Once the jumper was removed the PTP demo started receiving data. I don't know why the SPI jumper would prevent the ethernet from receiving data, but that was the issue.

0 Kudos